I need a new video card

Yes it will. How would it not fit? It doesn't matter if the card is longer than the board, even though I don't think the 5770 is.

4850 might be better for you. What games will you play, and what resolution?

I'm buying that monitor I posted earlier soon after the vid card. Mass Effect 2, L4D2, Bioshock 2, CoD6...smaller games like counter-strike. Also, some video rendering.

The monitors max res is 1920 by 1080

EDIT I was talking about one of the heatsinks for one of the chipsets on the mobo. It's a decent size big and near the PCIe x16 slot

I say go with the 4850 then. I don't know about Mass Effect 2, but none of those other games are intensive. You could crossfire and get a much better price/performance ratio than a 5770 or 4870.

Ya but i can't crossfire. microatx and I have one PCIe slot. When I upgrade to full atx, I'm building a totally new rig and this one is staying home.

You know what. I'll buy the 4850, and see how it runs. If I don't like it, I have thirty days to change my mind.

Trust me, you will be impressed. It can max most games nowadays.

When you build a new rig, why not yank the video card from your old one and buy a second? Seems logical to me.

I'm going all out for my next rig. HD 5870 crossfire, 960 i7, ddr3-1600...you know the works. Because I'll be moving out to my own apartment in the summer.

This is a budget build right now because I'm leaving it at home and I still want to use it when I come back occasionally. So whatever vid card I have is gonna stay.

Why a 960?! That is an epic waste of money. Just OC the 920. They OC the same.

Why on Earth would you need 5870 crossfire?

Anyway... Go for the 4850. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom