i got a big subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.
H4x3r said:
http://www.lydrommet.no/artikkel/produkt/vis.html?id=14751

tee hee....dual 18" woofers

oh btw u didnt say what size urs was...so i had to guage it by lookin at the tape deck....

H4x3r if I'm reading the right PDF, it says the dual 18" sub has a freq of 28-100hz. It looks to me like a pro audio speaker. that kind of performance is pretty poor. EricB's single 15" sub would be litterally 2 or maybe 3 times the bass output of those dual 18" and the accuracy is probably much more precise. with subs size isn't as important as some poeple think. bigger isn't always better. but EricB something else that bothers me is that ugly covering job. it disctracts from the appearance a little in my opinion.

ekÆsine said:
H4x3r if I'm reading the right PDF, it says the dual 18" sub has a freq of 28-100hz. It looks to me like a pro audio speaker. that kind of performance is pretty poor. EricB's single 15" sub would be litterally 2 or maybe 3 times the bass output of those dual 18" and the accuracy is probably much more precise. with subs size isn't as important as some poeple think. bigger isn't always better. but EricB something else that bothers me is that ugly covering job. it disctracts from the appearance a little in my opinion.

we weren't talkin about performance....we were talking about size :D

ekÆsine said:
EricB there's something that seems strange to me in your pictures. You have a couch blocking the right front speaker and your sub looks like it shouldn't be that close to your left speaker. The cramped space looks like it might be suffocating your sub. Because from what I can tell the air rushing out of your bass port is obstructed by that left front speaker. I'm also really amazed your picture frames and cd collection hasn't fallen off. 17 hertz, I have no idea what that sounds like. Can I come over and watch a movie with you sometime? :D

I got a new set-up now, because everytime I turn the bass up. my cds use to alway fall out. I also have a 0-180 phrase switch so I can set my sub anywhere

EricB, where do you get ur equipment? i wanna be able to hit those ranges..! also....whats the loudest u can get it (with no distortion) ?

ekÆsine said:

When I built that box I use to use drywall screws. I now use a nail gun. that stop me from laying it flush properly. it look better than it use to.

this is when I was tuning it to find my most accurate and deepest sound

Focal.jpg

H4x3r said:
EricB, where do you get ur equipment? i wanna be able to hit those ranges..! also....whats the loudest u can get it (with no distortion) ?

I dunno. if I turn it up too loud (when I'm showing it off) the windows will break. the JBL 1500 GTI (which I think is the most amazing sub ever made, it is no longer in production). it the same woofer as the jbl 2245 (pro application) but the cone is made out of more rigid material. it efficient, powerful, accurate and deep. other sub will give you only give you 2 of those 4 traits

My sub amp

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-806

Crysalis said:
Recording studios normally have HIGH END "reference monitors" which are designed to produce the clearest sound possible so that the mix comes out correctly after mastering. They dont need subs because the monitors are good enough to handle all frequencies between AND including 20hz-20,000khz, which is the human range of hearing.

Except after that, a good producer will mix on computer speakers, stock car audio, headphones, earbuds, etc. to get the final mix, usually. They will mix it to what a consumer will listen to.

Hubbleyah, I don't like listening to music with a sub, and I still don't see the point (based on my experience in the studio and in my setup). So, you can laugh at me all you want Crysalis, but I just don't ****ing care.

And by the way, I know what "reference monitors" are, so you don't need to put them in quotes.

Oh, and my 3-way floor standing Pioneers have a freq. range of 32hz-20khz

The e string on a bass guitar is 43.1hz, I think.

Right in that range, hmmmm...

Eagleboy said:
Except after that, a good producer will mix on computer speakers, stock car audio, headphones, earbuds, etc. to get the final mix, usually. They will mix it to what a consumer will listen to.

Hubbleyah, I don't like listening to music with a sub, and I still don't see the point (based on my experience in the studio and in my setup). So, you can laugh at me all you want Crysalis, but I just don't ****ing care.

???

a good producer will mix on computer speakers, stock car audio, headphones, earbuds, etc.

Wow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom