i keep getting an alert from AVG every minute or so. super annoying!

bigdan

Daemon Poster
This is my Dad's laptop running Windows. He's got a paid subscription to AVG. He told me yesterday to figure out the issue. AVG keeps giving him an alert and the pop-up is super annoying, he cant get any work done. At first I told him it comes from whichever site he's visiting and it's blocking it but then a minute later I saw multiple alerts when we hadn't browsed anywhere. I'm now using it and got the alerts a few times on a safe website. I've checked the history and they're all the same, at least for today. Says

Threat secured. We've safely aborted connection on ip.bablosoft.com because it was infected with URL:Malvertising

It gives the option to scan for other viruses, which I've done. It was safe.

How do I stop this pop-up?

Based on reviews a few years back, AVG has tricked users into thinking it was good quality protection when its not. Techicians did an AVG review on YouTube and AVG scored very poorly and was allowing threats left and right and it even turned the mouse curser into a blobby mess! :lol:

I would definately stick with Joe and PP's recomendations.

Based on reviews a few years back, AVG has tricked users into thinking it was good quality protection when its not. Techicians did an AVG review on YouTube and AVG scored very poorly and was allowing threats left and right and it even turned the mouse curser into a blobby mess! :lol:

I would definately stick with Joe and PP's recomendations.
Nah it's worse. Avast and AVG have been paid so let some things slip through. Ultimately turning into malware themselves.

Back
Top Bottom