gparted issue

chara33

Daemon Poster
After extracting gparted live, what is the exact name of the ISO i need to image for windows in order to use it.

thx

I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean by extracting.

You download the GParted live .iso file, save the down load somewhere on your pc to a place you can remember. (your desktop is a good place) then you use an .iso burning program (Free .ISO Burner) and burn the GParted live.iso to a disk. You should not have to extract anything yourself

Last edited:
i didnt know that the file downloaded was the ISo so figured that must be it. So I used it and selected 33 for english and the option 0 for auto and when I get to the GUI i cant use my mouse. How do I use my mouse now plz?

thx

I only use Parted Magic myself.

Never tried GParted personally but I've hear it's a good program. You'll be better off to wait for someone that more familiar with GParted than myself to help you from here.

Have you attempted to use your keyboard?

Last edited:
I only use Parted Magic myself.

Never tried GParted personally but I've hear it's a good program. You'll be better off to wait for someone that more familiar with GParted than myself to help you from here.

Have you attempted to use your keyboard?

Parted Magic has GParted on it. Parted Magic is just an All-In-One OS with all of those tools (GParted, CloneZilla, etc.) all on the disc as one distribution.

thanks for the info carnageX, I have Ultimate Boot CD as a main disk tool and it has Parted Magic on it with a host of other useful programs. I know that there could have been some relation between Parted Magic and GParted but not enough to give advice

Back
Top Bottom