GooglePlus

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Right now I seem to have rolled back this program to a version I don't remember

I cannot make a 'Video' call. I would like to..get that program and feature back.

How can I make that happen? Also, my microphone does not seem to work with the program..how do I get that back? THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM ..PEOPLE CANNOT HEAR ME WHEN I MAKE A CALL BUT I CAN HEAR THEM

If I could get instructions step by step..that would be good

SC

Last edited:
Google+ is Google's social networking / account management. It's not an application - you'll need to clarify what application you're actually using.

Is it Hangouts that you're using? https://hangouts.google.com/
It's a web-based tool with no installation needed...and you can do video calls with it through your browser.

From there you can click the "Video" bubble, and then once the video window pops up, you'll have to grant access to your webcam/mic if it prompts you. Then you can choose your webcam/mic devices by clicking the Settings icon.

Its Hangouts. I cannot for the life of me get the microphone portion of the activity to work.

Hmm..gonna work on that until hell freezes over. I got it working before.

Do the Settings not recognize your mic? Does Windows itself recognize your mic in Recording devices section of the Sound properties?

When I go to recording devices a Real TEk icon appears. Says it the default. There are no other microphones. It says the device is working whenever a research that..but it is not.

There are a list of 'sound' bars that are supposed to move if it detects sound..but they do not.
My computer is lying to me. Basically I want to be able to test the microphone for its detection of sound..right now not possible. Don't know what to do to do so.

Last edited:
How does one go about doing that? I see the button but not sure how to paste into the forum?

I have a microphone with the laptop..but I do not want this realtek software to go with it..can I change that? Or is it somehow a realtek microphone? hmm..don't think so..would not mind knowing how to find that out as well?

Last edited:
At the moment I do not seem to have that button. Oops..I do. How does one go about doing that?

If you're on at least Windows 7, you can use the Snipping Tool, save the image, and then upload them to somewhere such as Imgur.com

I bring up the audio dialog box and press the print screen button and then the imgur program says there are zero bytes to the file like there was nothing to upload.

When I hit the print screen button..where the heck is the screen shot saved? Can never find it.

Hmm..been playing around. I got a snipping tool 'lite'..gsshh don't know why it has to be lite. I seem to have saved a screen shot(horray..actually also able to find the darn thing) there but at the moment I cannot paste it into the forum..working on that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom