Google wants to buy Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting since Youtube has better loading times and videos than Google Video.

1.6 Billion dollars for a website? Holy crap :D

yea google has much better bandwidth for WA at least... especially when i go onto the canada site

but that would be pretty tight if you owned youtube.... a lot of mix-up could be caused from this if it's not handled the right way or google tries to make "improvements" like when you rate a video you have to be subscribed to them or some crap like that

Youtube currently has a running cost of close to 1 million dollars a month. Not to mention that there are several copyright infringment suits against youtube right now. With a google purchase, youtube would have a big brother with huge pockets to protect it. Google also has endless resource to keep youtube up and running.

Also, i'm assuming google has listen to analysts reports that if youtube were to deliver advertisments with each and every one of it's 100 million+ videos, it could generate at least 1 million a day.

Get ready for some changes to youtube if gogle goes buy it.

maybe they'll put the ads next to the video, not IN the video. there's nothing i hate more than waiting for a video to load, watch a 20 second commercial, then go back to loading, then finally watch the video... thats how its like with yahoo when their main news article is a video... i never watch them..

if its like a text ad right next to the video i think it won't thwart too many people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom