getting started in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually along those lines I was thinking about posting a tutorial or two.I havent asked the moderators yet but I doubt they will mind.

Id like to just cover the basics, what to do when switching to linux from windows, what to expect, where to start, just basic how to type info.

I'd also like to do one on some history of linux, may help those newbies out there understand just what linux really is

I think one of the biggest issues is just plain lack of knowledge of what makes a PC work, which is something windows doesnt help with, linux forces it on you, many get frustrated and quit when they find that out unfortunately.

Glad to be of some help.Trust me, my linux journey hasnt been easy, Ive learned everything the hard way, and its taken a few years, still learning too.

The good guys who help new users underestimate our ability. We know next to nothing about the tools in Linux during startup. Example they may say open a text editor, my response is from where??LOL We really need care and feeding for the first few hours that is for sure. Helping new users with basics would be great. It would also eat your time up.

well ive got some time and I dont mind helping, I could have used some years ago and there wasnt much back then, not the patient understanding kind anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom