free stuff:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
I love fixing people's computers, especially when they get hit with lightning..haha. My bro's friend's comp got hit with lightning so they take it to the geek squad, they say its the mobo. Not doubting them necessarily or believing them either I told them i'd take a look at it to make sure it wasn't just the PSU, but turns out it was the mobo, called them back and they said all they still wanted/needed was the monitor so I can keep the rest..

yippee...i just got a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive, a 40 gig Western Digital, Haven't tested the psu...don't know if i wanna trust using it or not, a 256 stick of ddr pc 2700 and some other misc parts.

yippee.

Dont keep the PSU, i would never trust a PSU in a computer after something like that.

statistics. how often can 1 PSU damage more than 1 motherboard, statistics are in your favour my friend, i say keep the PSU and use it!

Replace the PSU. It's not like they are expesive. It's not like you need any thing flash. A simple generic PSU would do the trick.

I already know the mobo's fried, and i'm not gonna try the psu unless i have a useless system that i know works to test it on. But i'd need one with a p4 connector to make sure it still works, parts of the mobo were still working such as the power light(not the power on light but the light that says the computer's plugged in and is receiving power. but i swapped out the psu with a known good one and nothing turns on(except the light) no power lights/fans/beeps so i know the mobos bad but im not gonna test the psu until i can, but i like the fact that i got some good drives:D

Heh..one time this person wanted me to fix her Sony that she bought in 1998 so it was like $1500 at that time, 700Mhz CPU, 40gig drive, CD-RW drive, etc. She ended up buying a new one and she just told me to throw it away :D

Actually I didn't throw it away, I found a good use for it. Made it into my personal firewall and router :D. It's much more powerful than your average $50 router you buy at the store, just add about 512mb of memory, plus one more network card and BAM! It's on speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom