Final Fantasy XIII-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepykins

Daemon Poster
Yo,

Anyone looking forward to this? :D

If you havent played the first game then it shouldnt matter, seperate story with some strong links to the first game but its being advertised as a game you can just pick up.

I love the final fantasy series and for 13 they really outdid themselves on the story and graphics.
The battle system however is bull. not all of it, just the key parts of it lol

Basically I like full control of my squad and I like to make sure i know what they're all doing.
Example: light as my com, sach as my ravager and vanille as my medic/rav and basically these flowers on gran pulse do poison with every hit. now i'm taking damage and vanille is too happy to just keep casting esuna instead of heals as shes a 'tard.

Also game over when i lose my controlled char, its like ...what are the other 6 doing? taking a vacation?

that aside its a good game. I've not totally ravaged the CD as i did with all the other final fantasies though, mainly because of the battle system.

I've partaken of the collectors edition this time as it doesnt cost too much more and i get a sexy poster and a music CD.
Big fan of japanese/game inspired music as i used to moderate a japanese radio station online.
animenfo.com/radio if interested.

go LIGHT!

From everything I have read and watched this story continues from the last meaning if you haven't played the first you will probably be pretty lost for a while. That and if they leave you in the dark for 20 hours of gameplay again it will probably **** some people off.

I liked 13 more than I liked 10 or 12 but that is saying something. I love the better graphics but I seriously wish they went back to the old battle system so I can control EVERYTHING. This battle system is very....noobish for lack of better words. It ****es me off a lot because I'll die and know I wouldn't have in any of the previous FF games. That being said, I'll be getting this one. Lightning is one of my favorite characters in the series up there with Cloud.

continues loosely really, you'll be told about serah and lightning but as for fal'cies and l'cie, none of thats in the game anymore. aside from the same characters with a the same backstory which doesnt neccesarily need to be totally explained it could be a new game :p

but yes...
the battle system was terrible, now they've just added new features too it instead of an overhaul, its annoying those stupid AI never get it right.
and yeah noobish .... for instance if you know an enemies weaknesses, choosing auto-battle will queue the best available attacks for that enemy. its like .....why bother thinking for yourself.

12 never happened. period, and 11 was brilliant if a little enforced with their play style (grouping or dying were the two choices) and 10 was great, being re-released on HD for ps3 and vita soon.

and oh yeah i've preordered like i said. i'm a total FF fan and i cant NOT play this. but yeah i have my complaints. which is rare for me and FF, up intil now (discounting 12 which never happened) its been golden

Eh what? Oh you are being sarcastic as in saying 12 was utter crap....if so, then I agree. 11 was an MMO? :wtf: Maybe you mean X-2? I doubt 10 is being released in HD but rather upscaled to play on the PS3 like 7, 8, and 9 were. It was nothing spectacular.

Anyways, yea 13 was meh for me but since I like FF games a lot I had to play it.

I'm a huge ff fan and I thought 13 was complete and utter crap! It was a major let down. It felt nothing like a ff game. Out of all of tthem I thought 10 had the best story. 10-2 royaly sucked. It was a chicks game lol

I'm a huge ff fan and I thought 13 was complete and utter crap! It was a major let down. It felt nothing like a ff game. Out of all of tthem I thought 10 had the best story. 10-2 royaly sucked. It was a chicks game lol
I didn't like 10 in the same aspect I didn't like 13. They left you in the dark for way too long. For me the tossup is between 7 and 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom