FarCry 64 bit patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

haGGard

In Runtime
Hi,

I thought id try out the new 64 bit patch for FarCry. I downloaded it from the website. I click to install it and then after taking ages to get past the 'preparing to install' phase i get this error message...

wtf11bb.png

Then this error...

wtf25oz.png

Wtf is this all about?

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
it's probably for ppl with windows xp 64 bit edition... they probably can't run it without this patch

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
DJ-CHRIS said:
Windows x64 pro only...

^ Yeah, that.

Once you've gone to the trouble of prepping your comp for a dual-boot setup though, don't expect any mind-blowing performance or image inhancements in Far Cry or anything else for that matter. From what bit I've gathered, x64 currently just isn't worth the bother for gamers. I haven't read this article extensively, but: http://www.techgage.com/review.php?id=1434&page=1

Pretty lame too how it's taken Crytek 12 months plus to come out with this patch (remember hearing about it on the GeForce 6 presentation last year?).

Nubius

Golden Master
Hell I remember last year when the 6xxx series was first coming out around march they said "512mb GDDR3 cards will be out this summer!" and here it is over a year later, the NEXT summer and they still arent that predominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.