FarCry 64 bit patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

haGGard

In Runtime
Hi,

I thought id try out the new 64 bit patch for FarCry. I downloaded it from the website. I click to install it and then after taking ages to get past the 'preparing to install' phase i get this error message...

wtf11bb.png

Then this error...

wtf25oz.png

Wtf is this all about?

it's probably for ppl with windows xp 64 bit edition... they probably can't run it without this patch

DJ-CHRIS said:
Windows x64 pro only...

^ Yeah, that.

Once you've gone to the trouble of prepping your comp for a dual-boot setup though, don't expect any mind-blowing performance or image inhancements in Far Cry or anything else for that matter. From what bit I've gathered, x64 currently just isn't worth the bother for gamers. I haven't read this article extensively, but: http://www.techgage.com/review.php?id=1434&page=1

Pretty lame too how it's taken Crytek 12 months plus to come out with this patch (remember hearing about it on the GeForce 6 presentation last year?).

Hell I remember last year when the 6xxx series was first coming out around march they said "512mb GDDR3 cards will be out this summer!" and here it is over a year later, the NEXT summer and they still arent that predominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom