Eye Strain / Floaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigstanklo

In Runtime
Real random question here but does anyone have eye "floaters" (small black spots in one or both eyes). I have a few and was wondering how many other people experience this and / or if computer use makes them worse or treatments people have had...

Are you in a dark room when you experience this?

And no I don't. My eyes are good thanks, maybe a bit long sighted.

No its more in bright lights actually when looking at a white background or the computer screen. Mine are especially noticeable outside.

I have the floaters. Usually I'm not paying attention to it, but since you brought it up now I can see them. I'm near sighted so my eyes are already screwed, but yeah.....I can see layers of crap floating all over my world :D

"I keep seeing spots"
"Have you seen a doctor?"
"Nope, just spots".

Spots in front of the eyes: Also known as "floaters", blurry spots that drift in front of the eyes but do not block vision. The blur is the result of debris from the vitreous casting a shadow on the retina. The spot is the image formed by a deposit of protein drifting about in the vitreous, the clear jelly-like substance that fills the middle of the eye.

Floaters are usually benign (not serious). They can result from a separation of the vitreous gel from the retina. This condition is called a posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). Although a PVD occurs commonly, there are no retinal tears associated with the condition most of the time.

No treatments are available for floaters although they tend to become less annoying over time. Remember also that floaters are usually not associated with serious eye problems.

Permanent or recurring white or black spots in the same area of your field of vision may, however, be an early warning sign of cataracts or another serious eye problem. If you experience a shadow or curtain that affects any part of your vision, this can indicate that a retinal tear has occurred and has progressed to a detached retina. In this situation, you should immediately consult an ophthalmologist since time is of the essence.

Floaters

It can also be blood floating inside the eyeball... which is not good.

It would be best to call your doc and see what he thinks.

Mine definetly aren't blood or anything serious. Had an eye doc check them out a little while ago. Matter of fact that reminds me, I need to make an eye appointment soon here. I have near perfect vision just these **** annoying floaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom