Did I get H@xored???

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, ya know, attrition breeds ignorance. :D

ummm...I don't know that a hacker would want anything to do with a techie's desktop. *shrugs* not a real prestigious target if you get my drift.

Warez - seriously dude, do some free lance work. get this out to the people.

I don't think the BSOD had anything to do, and ya, it's just like with crime. If the person who comitted it knows what they are doing, and they don't want to get caught, well...they wont.

Warez Monster said:
Having your own personal firewall is useless against an external flood. At best , it may let you record the source of the attacks. If the attacker is dumb enough to be using his own account to attack you, then you may be able to get his account shut down.

These words gave me spurts of thought that I'd like to share (yeah I know I'm crazy). You said having a personal firewall is useless against these attacks, but I think not entirely. Having something like ZoneaAlarm is useless, but not the Lavasoft one I'm using now isn't. Why? Simple, one silently and supposedly protects you while the other informs you and well, .... It doesn't matter what it does at that point because as you said nothing the program can do will save you. Thats where I come in. If I see something happening I can pull the plug. Even the most uber 1337 h@xors can't get me then.

If your going to use a firewall, get one that lets you know what is happening. NOT one that is comepletely automated and "idiot proof". Computers are idiots too.

"We are smarter than computers/AI. Making computers smarter just seems to make them not listen to us."- my thoughts after viewing AI from games and has been my belief since.

Yes obviously I can still be a victom, but not the very same way again, because I learned from my mistake. I should have seen the nuke note and pulled the plug, then changed my IP. Or just lay off the net for awhile. If something does happen, Get the **** logs safe.

Let me know if thats coherent, as I said it was a spurt.

A lot of times, hackers will use denial of service to masquerade an attack just to make you think it was just a denial of service. If you have multimple machines in a network that trust each other, a denial of service attack will let somebody do a session hijack. In funny terms, i will put it like this..... It is night time,,, 2 computers are walking and they trust each other, they are holding hands. One of them bends down onto the ground to pick up a quarter.. another computer runs up behind it, kicks its *** and knocks him out,.. that pc then runs up and starts holding the other ones hand and full access to do whatever he wants to the female pc because its dark and she cant see your face lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom