Craig's List

Here is another rant. So I go on there hoping to find a reasonable LCD for cheap to use with my N64 and SNES. All I find is over priced junk and PRO TV INSTALLERSSSSSSSSSSS. Seriously, who in their right mind would still pay 200 for a 27" tube TV? Or one of those old huge 65" projection TVs that already have an image burned in.
I put an add up with some of my musical gear and I price a JCM900 1960 stereo Marshall 4x12 slant for 220. It is already loaded with 2 30w vintage Celestion speakers and the only damage is in the back where I slid it across the bed of a truck. These things go for about 500 on Ebay as road dogs and I was offered 150 :|

I know what your saying, but think of it like this, when you sell on ebay people don't want to come out of pocket for a item thats over 100.00 not unless it has a warranty and brand new.
God forbid, if the customer gets angry at you over a misunderstanding and demands their money back or forces paypal to do automatic charge back.

If you can replace lcd components on a tv, I may know of someone who could help you out on ebay.

I know what your saying, but think of it like this, when you sell on ebay people don't want to come out of pocket for a item thats over 100.00 not unless it has a warranty and brand new.
God forbid, if the customer gets angry at you over a misunderstanding and demands their money back or forces paypal to do automatic charge back.

If you can replace lcd components on a tv, I may know of someone who could help you out on ebay.
That is the thing. I held on to a perfectly fine 46" Apex LCD because the motherboard was out. I had 3 or 4 different places promising me they would get the part and email/call when it's ready. Nothing. I asked on FB and local friends tons of times if anybody knew anybody who could help me get this part. Nothing. 2 days after I put a pick axe through the screen and tossed it I had a friend come up to me and say "Oh yea, my friends dad owns a TV repair shop. He could probably get it for you".
tumblr_m4cmf3Eait1r7l210o1_400.png

My deal is, I go on CL to find a cheap LCD TV and I find people wanting over 100-300 for tube TVs. Claiming some as even HD! I paid 150 bucks for my 23" Samsung LCD on my computer new 2 years ago. There is no excuse why I shouldn't be able to find a 22-26" LCD TV (720 or 1080, I don't care) for around 100. People just want way too much for their junk on that site. The worst part is, the rich people in the DFW area don't even use the website. I bet I could go down one particular street this weekend and be able to pick up hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of furniture for free or very cheap (like 50 bucks) because they buy new stuff and practically give away the almost new stuff. We got our nice dining set for free cause the table had a scratch on it.

That is the thing. I held on to a perfectly fine 46" Apex LCD because the motherboard was out. I had 3 or 4 different places promising me they would get the part and email/call when it's ready. Nothing. I asked on FB and local friends tons of times if anybody knew anybody who could help me get this part. Nothing. 2 days after I put a pick axe through the screen and tossed it I had a friend come up to me and say "Oh yea, my friends dad owns a TV repair shop. He could probably get it for you".
tumblr_m4cmf3Eait1r7l210o1_400.png

My deal is, I go on CL to find a cheap LCD TV and I find people wanting over 100-300 for tube TVs. Claiming some as even HD! I paid 150 bucks for my 23" Samsung LCD on my computer new 2 years ago. There is no excuse why I shouldn't be able to find a 22-26" LCD TV (720 or 1080, I don't care) for around 100. People just want way too much for their junk on that site. The worst part is, the rich people in the DFW area don't even use the website. I bet I could go down one particular street this weekend and be able to pick up hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of furniture for free or very cheap (like 50 bucks) because they buy new stuff and practically give away the almost new stuff. We got our nice dining set for free cause the table had a scratch on it.

Hmm, if your deadset near 23inch for gaming, I think a 19in would do you justice if not better.
Hell even makes the recently gone ps2 and wii look very good on it while watching a few scenes on it.
Look into a sansui or asus lcd/montior combos, I had my sansui for about 3 years and its still kicking.
Then again LCD's only last for less than 4 years without needing service, #_#
Sansui SLED2280 22" 1080p Television 0755805820932 | eBay

So I just came across the old fake listing used to advertise something else.

Decent computer for a reasonable price, weak details on the specs.
E-mailed the seller for more details, they said it was sold but they bought 4 at one of those crappy penny auction sites (with a link) for an amazing price.

Why is it so hard for people to be legitimate on CL.
(this is after getting a bunch of responses on my listings asking me to send them to Nigeria and they'll pay $150 over asking... via paypal).

So I just came across the old fake listing used to advertise something else.

Decent computer for a reasonable price, weak details on the specs.
E-mailed the seller for more details, they said it was sold but they bought 4 at one of those crappy penny auction sites (with a link) for an amazing price.

Why is it so hard for people to be legitimate on CL.
(this is after getting a bunch of responses on my listings asking me to send them to Nigeria and they'll pay $150 over asking... via paypal).
I got the same thing on 2 eVGA 465s.

I would too but it does take time and money
I like the fact that someone is able to do this and I hope others will keep screwing these Nigerians scam artist too

Back
Top Bottom