Craig's List

Here's a rip off deal I found while looking at used tools.
PS GAMES

NEW Ratchet and Clank-All one-$52

Little big planet -$52

XBOX GAMES

Call of Duty-MW-$52

Left dead-sold

Call of Duty-Black Ops-sold

Halo -ODST-$52

Battlefield-Bad Company -$52

Resident Evil -sold

TEXT (Email Please)
Source: PS3 and XBOX 360 games

Selling fairly old games for their introduction price, or higher...

Zombie time, but need to rant.
I'm seriously tired of my area wanting WAY too much for their ****ing junk.

Exhibit A:
1966 Mustang ***REDUCED***

Who in their right mind would drop 2500 on this rusted non-roller? Seriously. I sold my running, inspected, registered, and insured 68 Mustang with a decent interior and paint job for 2000. Ridiculous.

Exhibit B:
Galaxy geforce Gtx 680 4 Gb

Really? 780 dollars for an opened 500 dollar card.....really. People in this area must be out of their damn minds.

Don't get me started on people and trades. When I go to sell something, everybody wants to trade absolute junk. When I want to trade something and clearly mark it, nobody even replies. When I ask if somebody wants to trade, I get some idiot excuse like:
Oh I really need the cash *insert excuse here*,
Yea I can't accept trades for this item,
ect

I'll see the same adds I replied to a couple months later and be like, STILL don't want to trade?
No I really need the cash. Apparently not *******, as your overpriced **** has been sitting for months.

/rant

Zombie time, but need to rant.
I'm seriously tired of my area wanting WAY too much for their ****ing junk.

Exhibit A:
1966 Mustang ***REDUCED***

Who in their right mind would drop 2500 on this rusted non-roller? Seriously. I sold my running, inspected, registered, and insured 68 Mustang with a decent interior and paint job for 2000. Ridiculous.

Exhibit B:
Galaxy geforce Gtx 680 4 Gb

Really? 780 dollars for an opened 500 dollar card.....really. People in this area must be out of their damn minds.

Don't get me started on people and trades. When I go to sell something, everybody wants to trade absolute junk. When I want to trade something and clearly mark it, nobody even replies. When I ask if somebody wants to trade, I get some idiot excuse like:
Oh I really need the cash *insert excuse here*,
Yea I can't accept trades for this item,
ect

I'll see the same adds I replied to a couple months later and be like, STILL don't want to trade?
No I really need the cash. Apparently not *******, as your overpriced **** has been sitting for months.

/rant

That problem is consistent everywhere, I feel your annoyances. Where I live someone was selling a laptop with no keyboard as all the keys were literally plucked off of the board, not to mention a cracked screen; oh and a malfunctioning disk drive. If I recall correctly, they wanted $250 for it and wouldn't go lower. I should also point out my laptop would run circles around that thing. People everywhere have this annoying idea that their crap is worth something. The huge injustices though, the worst of all, are the cars people try to sell around here. Basic mathematical calculations indicate; the sellers are morons.

I've got a friend in Michigan who finds deals on crap all the time. Trades stuff for whole cars, cars for cars, and back in 09 when he was in to PCs constantly trading PC stuff. Seriously ****ed me off to no end. Nobody wants to do stuff like that here. I got lucky ONCE where I traded my 2500k and board for a single 580.

I've got a friend in Michigan who finds deals on crap all the time. Trades stuff for whole cars, cars for cars, and back in 09 when he was in to PCs constantly trading PC stuff. Seriously ****ed me off to no end. Nobody wants to do stuff like that here. I got lucky ONCE where I traded my 2500k and board for a single 580.

People who are as passionate about PCs as most of the people on this site are a rare breed. That rule rings true down here as well; nobody is up for trading or anything. There is a local shop here that used to be all about trading/buying/selling whole PCs and components; that fun stuff you know? They don't do that anymore because according to the manager of the store only one person every year or so came in to ask about PC parts. Given the astounding lack of tech familiarity amongst the people here, I'd believe it.

Yea idk how he did it. Still does. I know there are PC people here in the DFW region. Not all 3000 people who go to Quakecon are from outside the region. A ton of people who go there are also into DIY and custom stuff.

Most people would suggest that if you don't know someone in your circle of interest you're not looking hard or far enough. I would love to see someone stand by that point after living in LB for 14 years. Up until your last response I didn't know what Quakecon was and after a few seconds on Google I'm shocked by that fact. Lol

Only one of (if not the) largest LAN party in the US. Last year about 1500 people were turned away from first come first serve by Saturday. I've been going since about 06 or so.

Back
Top Bottom