Computer advice

What it restricts it turns into static pressure. Unless you went with high flow fans you'd be turning your case into a positive pressure situation.

Are you having temp issues? I don't really see the reason to play musical fans.

So far no temp issues that I know of, but is it really running as cool as it reasonably can though.

What's interesting about this case is even the removable pieces covering the card slots have vent holes in them.

So far no temp issues that I know of, but is it really running as cool as it reasonably can though.

What's interesting about this case is even the removable pieces covering the card slots have vent holes in them.
Way way back in the earlier days people actually had contest to see who could overclock the most with what they had. VapoChill units were king at that time.
Vapochill link

Aw c'mon.
We all know that it is more fun to play with your pc parts right after you get that new pc!
I started saving a lot of money by not wasting it on needless crap, especially now that GPUs have huge heatsinks. I spent 60 bucks on packs of fans for our new cases for them to die within a year, only to go back to the Noctua's I bought years ago and run them dead silent for better performance. Stopped doing custom water on the CPU when I noticed the temp spikes were completely uncontrollable without a chiller. That being said.....

Way way back in the earlier days people actually had contest to see who could overclock the most with what they had. VapoChill units were king at that time.
Vapochill link
I was one of them. This was my gateway to getting into LN2 until UPS damaged this unit and severely undercut me with insurance. I really only stopped the benchmark wars because all of my friends got out of it. I put a couple records on HWbot too, one being my first 5Ghz clock back in 2010. https://hwbot.org/user/pp_mguire/#My_Submissions
Today it's just not fun, and literally tons of people have access to LN2. I still have a dry ice pot but it wouldn't compete with the people out there and none of my friends even give a shit about PC anymore. My best friends I used to be in bench wars with one moved to console gaming exclusively and the other plays a couple hours a week of Warzone religiously but otherwise doesn't turn on his PC. Warzone is trash, so the last time I even played a game with him was 2 years ago at my bachelor party and the night before my wedding at the hotel.

Anywho, in the new house plan I do have designs for a chiller to go on my PC.

Attachments

• DSCN0990.JPG
    DSCN0990.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 2
I found that the 4 pack of Cooler Master fans to be cheap and run endlessly.
I've built most of my pc's with those case fans and I know that these fans are still running after 9 years. I use stock cpu fans on these pc's, but these are not for gaming. Just "grandma" type of computers

I found that the 4 pack of Cooler Master fans to be cheap and run endlessly.
I've built most of my pc's with those case fans and I know that these fans are still running after 9 years. I use stock cpu fans on these pc's, but these are not for gaming. Just "grandma" type of computers
I've unfortunately had every brand of fan on me start knocking or outright die except Noctua iPPC. Probably because they are dust resistant.

Back
Top Bottom