charging me 25 cents a text message. for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
lately my at&t gophone has been charging me 25 cents a text message to certain people which it didn't do before and I am not over my 200 text limit for the month even without a plan it only charged 10 cents before. Anyone know whats going on? IT didn't do this before last week and I seem to only have this happen whwn texting my friends from home in canada.

Have you called AT&T? They could have raised the rates, they could have changed your plan to charging you per usage instead of a flat rate per day. Only they can tell you whats going on. We dont know the details of your plan to be able to answer such questions. Cause AT&T GoPhones have various plans that they use there is no way we could possibly answer. They have 4 plans on their site.

$2 a day Unlimited Talk & Text
$60 a month Unlimited Talk and Text
$75 a month Unlimited Talk, Text and 200MB Data
Pay as you go 10 cents a minute and $19.99 for unlimited texting.

You are going to have to call them. No way around it.

That's the thing I did call but I get that automated computer system to add features and whatnot. I looked up other att numbers for support but they ask for the number of my phone or detect it that I am on gophone and I get booted to the same automated unhelpful system I mentioned. It really ticks me off.
the plan I have now is 5$ 200 text messages and 10c / minute to talk. I am out of options here really all the support numbers take me to the automated system with no options to talk to a real person

hit 0 when you're on the phone. it should take you to a support person.

also are you texting your friends in canada from the US?

You are on an older plan that is not listed on the system anymore. The information i pulled was directly from the AT&T GoPhone site. So your plan is no longer in existence. So either you are grandfathered in or they switched your plan automatically.

https://www.paygonline.com/websc/index.jsp?wtSlotClick=1-0050TO-0-2&WT.svl=calltoaction

Did you go here and see what it shows for your account? I have a contact number for the pay as you go service but i wont have access to it till Wed. I will post it then.

If I remember correctly, the $0.25 per message fee is for international text messages, and that doesn't count towards your regular text messaging plan.

I have been texting my friends from canada for months without this happening. This is messed up. How long ago was the plan discontinued do you know?

Well if your texting people from Canada to the USA that is why. AT&T is not centered in Canada and therefor has to bounce off of the Rogers Network and you get hit with roaming fees. Which is why they are now charging you 25Cents instead of the 10 cents. It could be that they didnt catch the error right away, it could just be that their prices went up for international texting. At this point I cant say for sure.

I dont know when they switched the plans. Their GoPhone service switches so often that I cant keep up. I remember when it was either a $3 a day charge or 25 cents a minute. That was right before Christmas. So i cant say for sure. I can say that the plans posted are what is shown on the site now.

do you know of a plan on gophone that can incorporate texting to canada?

I have been on the gophone plan for over 3 years -- I have it set up so that I automatically buy 200 texts each month. Until last week i was sending texts to canada and mexico and it was using my 200 messaging up and not charging the 25 cents and its been like that for the past 3 years---now I also am being charged 25 cents for those international texts and never have before-I guess Att does not care anymore since it will have a monopoly on GSM service when it takes over t-mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom