Cellphone signal, WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Why is it that I get perfect digital signal out in the kitchen, but in my room I get no signal at all? It's only a 10 feet difference.

Possibly... I've got my computer, a TV, and a stereo constantly plugged in and all are almost always on. But I've tried turning off all these things and the signal still doesn't get any better. I'll try unplugging everything tomorrow to see if it makes a difference. Just got angered by it tonight since I have to go out to the kitchen to txt message my girlfriend's cellphone, and we're kind of in a conversation, so I'm running back and forth from my room to the kitchen :freak:

WorldIndustries said:
Just got angered by it tonight since I have to go out to the kitchen to txt message my girlfriend's cellphone, and we're kind of in a conversation, so I'm running back and forth from my room to the kitchen :freak:

have you tried having a real conversation on the phone? i dunno, maybe go stand out on the back or front porch if it needs to be private.

Yeah, it's a private thing. Could do that, although it's pretty frickin' chilly out now, I'm in my jammies ( :D :cool: ) middle of the night. 6 degrees Celcius, ooh boy.

holy crap! where do you live? extreme northern canada or something?

it's 81ºF here right now, 75% humidity (not too bad!), 12:12AM

lol, "fall"......it's still summer here as far as i'm concerned. florida has two seasons: summer (april - october) and fall (november - march)

anyways, about your cell issue, i think you're just gonna have to live with it. i don't think unplugging appliances will have any more effect than turning them off. it's weird that you get such a drop in service from a 10 foot change in position, but i'm not surprised.

WorldIndustries, your thermometer is broken :p

According to the Weather Network, it's 9 degrees celcius as of 2:30 AM.

12 degrees celcius at 10:46PM for me.

talldude123 said:
WorldIndustries, your thermometer is broken :p

According to the Weather Network, it's 9 degrees celcius as of 2:30 AM.

12 degrees celcius at 10:46PM for me.

I also live right next to the ocean, and the temperature of the ocean currents make an unbelievable difference in the air temp around here. Sometimes it's warmer because of it, and like right now, it's freezing because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom