Canceling phone contract ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea just like everyone else is saying...you're screwed, get ready to pay up.

If a company has a contract there is almost zero chance that it doesn't drain your soul. Companies will make money. You will not trick them.

But just think to yourself. Is changing phones/contracts worth it? I mean you just want a different phone...

yea just like everyone else is saying...you're screwed, get ready to pay up.

If a company has a contract there is almost zero chance that it doesn't drain your soul. Companies will make money. You will not trick them.

But just think to yourself. Is changing phones/contracts worth it? I mean you just want a different phone...

read my first post.

I get no signal at school, which is where i use my phone. It's like paying for a landline connection for your home that doesn't work.

So i need to move to o2 who do have signal at home. But yeh, i do want a new phone.

Anyway, i didn't say it was possible to trick them - i was just wondering if they would cancel it for you under some circumstances. Seems not, so yeh, i will pay the termination fee.

DoubleHelix

The termination fee would be clearly spelled out in your contract. However, I'm guessing you didn't bother to keep a copy.

Actually, i did. And actually - it's not on there, i don't beleive it's the full T and C though, it's about half a page long.

@ KK

I'll phone them up when it's not bankholiday.

Call them up and find the absolute cheapest plan they offer. Take the least amount of minutes possible.
Change your plan to whatever will cost the absolute least amount per month.

Call them up and find the absolute cheapest plan they offer. Take the least amount of minutes possible.
Change your plan to whatever will cost the absolute least amount per month.

Provided that they will let you down in plan. Under contract, they have no problem in letting you go up. However they normally don't like it when you do lower than your orginal contract value.

It depends on the provider. VZW I know you can at any time w/out extending your contract (didn't used to be like that though).

Provided that they will let you down in plan. Under contract, they have no problem in letting you go up. However they normally don't like it when you do lower than your orginal contract value.

You call them up and say listen, "I lost my job, I'm failing behind in my bills." I'd like to cancel my service but I'm aware that there might be a penalty to do so.

If yes, I HAVE TO lower my monthly plan. As it is, I CAN NOT AFFORD this service.

It's either that or I just simply won't pay the bill. (They would much rahter get something than nothing and deal with collections.)

You call them up and say listen, "I lost my job, I'm failing behind in my bills." I'd like to cancel my service but I'm aware that there might be a penalty to do so.

If yes, I HAVE TO lower my monthly plan. As it is, I CAN NOT AFFORD this service.

It's either that or I just simply won't pay the bill. (They would much rahter get something than nothing and deal with collections.)

Pray you got nicer providers than the ones that I works for (telstra) and some of the other providers I know.

Before my sister got shot, she got one of those early Nokia Communcators phones. After she got shot and was no longer working security, she was acounting the days until that contract expired. In the mean time she was paying some thing like $120 per month.

That's a childish game of chicken, and you will lose. They've heard it all. They will have no problems dumping you on collections and screwing your credit.

That's a childish game of chicken, and you will lose. They've heard it all. They will have no problems dumping you on collections and screwing your credit.

Very true. I do both mobile phones and IT Leasing. I get quite a few phone calls where people are threatening me that they will not pay thier mobile phone bill. And they talk to me as if this going to this is going to affect me and that I am really going to loose sleep over it.

I don't......

The other problem is that some mobile phone company's will charge you interest on the amount that you are owing if it goes too long. I did have one customer that failed to get approved because he was still outstanding on his Cable TV with the same provider. He orginally thought was going to be a few hundred. It was about $1500 as they where hitting him for interest too.

Get back to the orginal OP.

Oero best option is to call them up and way out the difference between him early cancellation or just paying out the rest of his contact.
And maybe if you are paying out the rest of the contact, you might want to look at if there is any other provider that will pay the remaining few months by switching over to them.

Pretty sure i'll phone them up once i have figured out exactley what i want to do.

Thanks KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom