Any one pick up Killzone 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't any special hardware for me to get it to work. I just plugged in a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard set.

Did you play a game with the keyboard an mouse or just browse the internet from the PS3? I was under the understanding it was for browsing only.

No I played games with it. Weird it sounds like I wasn't supposed to be able to? My PS3 isn't modded either.

No I played games with it. Weird it sounds like I wasn't supposed to be able to? My PS3 isn't modded either.

Ok I tried this last night and was not able to play Killzone 2 with it. After some research I found that Killzone 2 does not support it. So Baez did you play Killzone 2? If so how??

Ok I tried this last night and was not able to play Killzone 2 with it. After some research I found that Killzone 2 does not support it. So Baez did you play Killzone 2? If so how??

you know whats weird theres actually youtube videos of people playing kz2 with a M+K so either its a hoax ( which many youtube commentors suggested ) or their really is PS3 specific hardware that can do it. Either way a M+K won't work as well as you guys think because of controller input lag.

For those that don't know, theres controller input lag in the game, which means it takes take for your character to move even after recieving the input. Just turn left and right in the game and you'll notice it. The designers specifically put this into the game to "give the game a weighty feel," and this effect is defiantely more dramatic in single player then multiplayer. From a game design stance I think this was a HORRIBLE decision, I mean I don't even have to explain why...its just so obvious how input lag totally screws up gameplay mechanics. Eitherway the defenders of it said it won't change and the game isn't supposed to be a COD4, so oh well just gotta live with it.

Also consoles should seriously not allow people to play with a M+K combo ( or if they do, not require special hardware for it ). Theres a video of a game critic guy getting UT3 to work for the xbox ( or PS3? I forget ) and he shows just how badly you can dominate the console people in such a fast paced game ( he also shows tricks you can do with a M+K that you can't do with a controller like instant 180s and rocket jumps ). Console games should be on equal playing ground and its one of their strengths for competition that shouldn't be taken away.

Gabb there is a patch out for Killzone 2 now, came out last week I think?? Any way the controls are now normal and no delay. The game is much better now and I have played it more often since

Gabb there is a patch out for Killzone 2 now, came out last week I think?? Any way the controls are now normal and no delay. The game is much better now and I have played it more often since

no I know about that patch and there was rumors it decreased the input lag and didn't get rid of it ( these are all rumors apparently no one even knows what the patch really did to be sure ). Anyways I am speaking primarily for single player, not multiplayer ( which already has tighter controls I hear ). I'm still playing single player and as we speak there is still input lag. When I turn, Sev doesn't turn instantly, there is some time and it makes head shots incredibly hard to line up against a moving enemy because theres also trigger lag.

Well I play MP and I really haven't got into the single player so not sure there. Any way I noticed the deadzone wasn't so bad after the patch for MP.

here is a list of the fixes:

The 1.2 patch includes the following changes:

# Stability issue regarding randomly named games resolved.
# Stability fix when rapidly tapping (X) can cause crash on spawn-select.
# Stability issue regarding Saboteur's disguise ability resolved.
# Stability fix on ‘Creating game' with a blank name.
# Stability fix for repeatedly entering exiting game.
# The Ignore list functionality corrected.
# Unlock of “Frontrunner” Medal now functioning correctly.
# Fix for incorrect award of win to clan not showing for game resolved.
# Battle Replay for Corinth Crossing not appearing correctly on Killzone.com.
# Issue with not being able to defuse the Search and Destroy objective resolved.
# HUD issue correction during Assassination mode when playing as a Medic.
# Controller input tweaks and modifications.
# Fix for auto-lock on of shotgun exploit.
# Fix for D-Charge issues in Campaign mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom