AlienFX wont recognize M11x as Dell Hardware

xerolen

In Runtime
I just bought an Alienware M11x off one of my friends and I re-installed windows 7 x64 ultimate edition on it. I have been able to re-install all the drivers except the webcam driver and the Alien FX software. I have been unable to find the Webcam driver but I got the AlienFX software from Dell support but I have been unable to install it since the software keeps saying it won't install because my Laptop isn't Dell Hardware? Can someone please help? any suggestions, work arounds, links to working versions of the Alien FX software, Or even just a link of where to download the Webcam driver. Thank you in advance.

~Xerolen

My webcam stopped working on my Dell XPS a couple of months ago and it was a real pain to find out what device was embedded in the screen and to find the relevant driver, as they are not available on the creative site.
I think Dell use creative webcams in all their laptops so you will be in the same boat as I was

I would advise you to send an quick email to Dell, they should be able to send you a link to the webcam setup file

I think the AlienFX software should be part of the Alienware Command Centre and can be downloaded via the driver and software section of the dell website, it is within the Applications section.
But you may find that Dell might use a custom OEM version of windows and the install of AlienFX might not be detecting that it is the Dell/Alienware licenced version of windows
Or if all the drivers are not installed then it might not be detecting the hardware that it controls or works with

Last edited:
The AlienFX software I got from Dell. But When it launchs it won't recognize that My pc is a Dell laptop and won't install stating "This Software Can Not Be Installed On Non-Dell Hardware."
Tomorrow I'm going to try to get a call into Dell to get a suggestion on what to do since the Laptop no longer has an active Warranty associated with it's service tag.

Back
Top Bottom