Academic Degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got like a 1600/2400 on my sat's but i crushed the PSATs so yeah. idc anyway, i'm taking a 2 year community college program for CS and i'm good to go.

Pete... dude you are freaking brilliant.. why a Community College? I see you going for Technology Institutes!

In my PSAT I got around 30s-40s and they said that you add an extra 0 to it and that will be the score your gonna get in the SAT.

What are the requirements to take the ACT? Grade?

I am thinking of studying for 6 years in college/university.

prototype: no req's, you just sign up for them and take them.. just like the SAT's.

Vernon: I'm taking a full time job as manager/firedog lead/computer sales lead at circuit city, and i'm just gonna do a 2 year program to get a degree. and in NH they aren't supposed to be called tech schools anymore, there community colleges ;)

ACT costs around $30 for the test with no writing part of the test (some colleges require you to take the writing part...check with the college you're planning on attending). Not sure if its limited to only Juniors/Seniors, but that's when we were able to take it (Junior year of h/s). I signed up online for it the times I did it. ACT, Inc. : A Student Site for ACT Test Takers

prototype: no req's, you just sign up for them and take them.. just like the SAT's.

Vernon: I'm taking a full time job as manager/firedog lead/computer sales lead at circuit city, and i'm just gonna do a 2 year program to get a degree. and in NH they aren't supposed to be called tech schools anymore, there community colleges ;)

I haven't signed up for the SAT yet :rolleyes:. I'll take it next year. How many times can we take it? Getting scholarships sounds nice.

you can take it as many times as you want. They changed it so you only send the score you want to colleges and not all of them as it used to be. so basically you send your best score to the school and they don't know how many times you've taken it, but studies show that you only do better a second time if you take a prep class, and prep classes/prep workbooks really do work. I don't know from personal experience, but I know people who used them and really benefited from them.

you can take it as many times as you want. They changed it so you only send the score you want to colleges and not all of them as it used to be. so basically you send your best score to the school and they don't know how many times you've taken it, but studies show that you only do better a second time if you take a prep class, and prep classes/prep workbooks really do work. I don't know from personal experience, but I know people who used them and really benefited from them.

I didn't bother doing any prepwork lol. Just went in the day I was supposed to, and took it lol. I think I did pretty decently.

Same goes to SAT, we can take it as many times and we send the highest scores?

And should I only look for college/universities that has Institute Of Technology in thier names?

yes and no. just because its an institute of technology doesn't mean that its better than other schools. Look at each site, make phone calls/emails to department heads.. Specifically ask if they have numbers as to number of graduates (from that program) who have a job in their field within like 1 year, 2 years etc.. questions to get a feel for how prestigious the programs are and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom