Random Chit Chat

I saw a thread on my tablet that was showing a new os, windows 11. anyone else see that link or know about it? is this some kind of joke as they update there programs on windows 10 every 6 months or so. Also, seems to me i heard that windows 10 would be the last os they would make.
Did they change there minds on that?

I saw a thread on my tablet that was showing a new os, windows 11. anyone else see that link or know about it? is this some kind of joke as they update there programs on windows 10 every 6 months or so. Also, seems to me i heard that windows 10 would be the last os they would make.
Did they change there minds on that?
Nope... never heard of W11. The next version from M$ (still W10) is going to be called Sun Valley. You can read about it here....
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...to-announce-windows-10s-successor-on-june-24/

The next update for Windows is codenamed '21H1' and it's likely to be a minor release with general bug fixes and improvements. However, Microsoft is believed to be working on a major Windows 10 update codenamed "Sun Valley" and "Windows 10++".
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-sun-valley-everything-you-need-to-know/

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Win10 is gonna be the last in the series. Further upgrades will be within it, not a different OS. But nothing lives forever.

Those names are codenames typically given to the OS during the development stage, not the name of the OS. Just like Win Vista was codenamed Longhorn. Tho in WIn10's case it the name of the update. Version 21H2 is already on my computer. It even came late for this main computer. Other standby computers received like 2 weeks earlier. Yeah, I keep updating them.

Just clicky titles because nobody really knows what they're doing. The biggest thing I know of so far is a much needed and updated scheduler that will support BIG.little.

Just like Win Vista was codenamed Longhorn
Longhorn was a different project, Vista was a stop gap between XP and 7 after they scrapped Longhorn.

Edit: To clarify, Longhorn was a different team and calling it Vista is what we call a well documented misnomer. It was supposed to be the next big thing until it was canceled due to massive QA issues internally. Needing something to release they borrowed certain elements and tacked them on thus releasing in 06 after the reset in 2004. This is part of why Vista was so buggy and a resource hog. Things like Sidebar that were meant to be integrated into Explorer wound up being an ad-on. Things like the Aero theme were carried over. With an actual development time of 2 years Vista was a shit show and suffered because of it. Server Longhorn was canceled entirely and why there was nothing between Server 2003 and Server 2008.

Last edited:
I saw the one that said it was making a windows 11. The one above is another saying it isn't. It is, it isn't who the hell knows.. If it does it does, if not, big fat harry assed deal right.

I saw the one that said it was making a windows 11. The one above is another saying it isn't. It is, it isn't who the hell knows.. If it does it does, if not, big fat harry assed deal right.
yup... 11 ain't happening as near as I can tell...
Because Microsoft has committed to treating Windows 10 as a service, there is no current release date or download for a Windows 11. Instead, Microsoft will continue updating Windows 10 with new features and security patches.
What that really means is that Windows 10 will for ever be in a perpetual beta form...at least for 6 months at a time :poop:

Back
Top Bottom