Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I went to mow the grass, first clear day in awhile where the yard isn't a mud pit... Been maybe two months since I last mowed I think.

Anyways, go out, open hood to the mower, grab the gas cap like normal to fill it up, twist it and feel a strange sensation, that quickly turned into extreme pain... I grabbed a small batch of wasps (little feeling in my hand from injuries when I was younger) and apparently had been stung by 10-15 of the little *******s. Ran out, around the house, and back inside, instantly started pouring alcohol onto the stings, and searched for benadryl, was out. By the time I get SOMEONE in the house to go to town to get some, my entire hand was swollen to the point I couldn't bend any of my fingers. By the time someone got back most my arms was starting to swell up. Took the benadryl, and sitting here with some swealling left in my fingers. Went outside to check that mower, and low and behold, there is a MASSIVE hive of them sitting between the tank, and the steering column, and when I say massive, it's a sheet of wasp thats about 2 foot by 3 foot in size, completely covered with the fuggers, and they are building else-where in the garage.

So, no mowing today, and plans on buying a few dozen bug bombs and bombing the whole garage for 24 hours straight, 4 cans at a time, back to back, not letting up.

Today I went to mow the grass, first clear day in awhile where the yard isn't a mud pit... Been maybe two months since I last mowed I think.

Anyways, go out, open hood to the mower, grab the gas cap like normal to fill it up, twist it and feel a strange sensation, that quickly turned into extreme pain... I grabbed a small batch of wasps (little feeling in my hand from injuries when I was younger) and apparently had been stung by 10-15 of the little *******s. Ran out, around the house, and back inside, instantly started pouring alcohol onto the stings, and searched for benadryl, was out. By the time I get SOMEONE in the house to go to town to get some, my entire hand was swollen to the point I couldn't bend any of my fingers. By the time someone got back most my arms was starting to swell up. Took the benadryl, and sitting here with some swealling left in my fingers. Went outside to check that mower, and low and behold, there is a MASSIVE hive of them sitting between the tank, and the steering column, and when I say massive, it's a sheet of wasp thats about 2 foot by 3 foot in size, completely covered with the fuggers, and they are building else-where in the garage.

So, no mowing today, and plans on buying a few dozen bug bombs and bombing the whole garage for 24 hours straight, 4 cans at a time, back to back, not letting up.

Crap, dude. That blows royally, not to mention hurting like a mofo. Glad you are alright.

Today we closed on selling our old house. You know, the one we moved out of in January of 2007. Yeah, we have been making payments on TWO houses ever since November of 2006. Lots of fun considering both my wife and I were unemployed for a year and a half and only I could draw unemployment. But we are no longer under that house any more. The money situation won't change by too much but at least I don't have to go over there and mow/clean the yard anymore.

Today I'm playing Minecraft.

mc.ifargle.com

Also just got my official offer from SpaceX.

UpBicyt.png

Ran a call to Nashville this morning as it came in too late on Friday. Almost seven hours of driving total to reseat some cables. Seriously. 6:30am-2:30pm on a Saturday.

Then my phone goes off at 4:15. Emergency call in... wait for it... Nashville. Different store. Same amount of drive time to... wait for it... reseat cables. Seriously. 4:15pm-12:30am.

My adrenaline is finally wearing off from the drive home so I will hopefully be crashing is bed fairly soon.

Today I played Oblivion practically all day and got bored and decided to measure the TV I've been gaming on. Turns out it's 40" rather than being 32" like I've been telling people. Oops.

2 minutes ago I updated IE to 11 to play around with. Managed to crash it in 2 minutes :p

For the last few days I have been trying to play Diablo, Starcraft, some League, and just about anything else.... Guess what, EVERY DAMNED TIME I GET A GOOD DAMN GAME GOING, SOME STUPID SCRIPT KIDDIES DECIDE, "HEY, LETS FIRE UP OUR 1337 BOTNETZORZ, AND BRING DOWN NEARLY EVERY MAJOR GAMING SERVICE!!!"

Can't wait for these kids to get caught, aside from the fact that they are targeting corporations, they are actually causing routing and traffic issues all over.

Watched my 67-year-old father climb his 100+ foot (~30 meters so that bodge understands) Ham Radio tower on his house to put the finishing touches on his new antenna roter. He has fallen off the roof before while we were cleaning out the chimney. So naturally, I had "911" dialed out on my cell waiting and watching... ready to hit the call button. Man that dude is crazier than me. And i'm nuts...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom