Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I'm wondering how the new iPhone is going to hold up. I would like to try an android device, but it would be too much of a hassle to switch to a different OS and have to re-download my paid apps all over again, if they even have all of them on Android. Not to mention I'm grandfather-claused in to the unlimited iPhone data with AT&T, switching means having a cap.

Otherwise, I wouldn't mind trying a Note...or the Note 2? Looks like that's in the works. I've pretty much decided if I'm doing anything Android related, I'll be picking up a tablet instead.

On the software side it's pretty safe to say the next iPhone will be behind since we have already seen iOS 6 and it's main point seems to have been competing with ICS.

You should be able to upgrade and retain your existing plan, if that isn't the case anymore upgrading to a new iPhone would cause you to lose it as well anyways. If you don't want to mess with At&t or risk your plan there is always the Galaxy Nexus which is unlocked for $350 from Google Play. It also has the advantage of a pentaband HSPA+ radio so 3g/"4g" will work on both At&t and Tmobile as well as all of their prepaid services.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa&feature=device-featured#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIwMiwibnVsbC1mZWF0dXJlZF9kZXZpY2VzX1VTX18xX3Byb21vXzEzNDA1MTg5NjUwMzYiXQ..

Today I got my upgrade into Verizon and managed to keep my unlimited data. Moving from a 3G HTC Incredible to a 4g HTC Rezound; 4G is finally in my area that I'm at now, so I figured I'd switch to a 4G phone and keep my unlimited data plan before they switch over to shared data plans for everybody (including upgrades...otherwise I'll have to start buying phones for full price or buy used phones).

What made you pick the Rezound over the Razr/Maxx/GNex?

You are perfectly entitled to prefer android and compare android phones to iPhones, there is nothing wrong with that. But stating that android phones will be better than the next iPhone which no one knows a god damn single thing about is pushing it. Apple nearly always has a feature or two in the latest OS that will only work on the newest device. For iOS5 that was Siri. For iOS6 it willl be.. well I don't know because the iPhone 5 isn't out yet but you can guarantee it will have exclusive iOS6 features that have yet to be revealed.

You are perfectly entitled to prefer android and compare android phones to iPhones, there is nothing wrong with that. But stating that android phones will be better than the next iPhone which no one knows a god damn single thing about is pushing it. Apple nearly always has a feature or two in the latest OS that will only work on the newest device. For iOS5 that was Siri. For iOS6 it willl be.. well I don't know because the iPhone 5 isn't out yet but you can guarantee it will have exclusive iOS6 features that have yet to be revealed.

Notice I said it would be behind on software which I can say because I've already seen what iOS 6 has to offer, after all they spent quite a lot of time talking about it's features at WWDC.

We will see if they reveal any hidden features but as it stands now Jellybean > iOS6.

Rally driving. Left foot braking is popular when rallying especially front wheel drive cars. Used to re distribute the weight of the vehicle so you can hold grip better through corners.

Heel toe use to brake and accelerate at the same time is used in most motorsports.
This. They heel and toe. I actually drive better in racing games when I use my left foot. If I try doing it on the road I apply too much pressure and stop way too quickly.

For once I am glad I'm wrong. It appears they will be making a 660 series card. I just hope it isn't a pile of fail like the low end Kepler cards.

Notice I said it would be behind on software which I can say because I've already seen what iOS 6 has to offer, after all they spent quite a lot of time talking about it's features at WWDC.

We will see if they reveal any hidden features but as it stands now Jellybean > iOS6.

Well, you would say that.

If I were to guess the hidden feature would be clever use of NFC which will likely be in IP5. If they can integrate NFC well, it's likely to get a lot of attention from shops and fast food outlets. I know a ton of android phones have NFC, but companies will feel rolling out NFC support when the iPhone has it as preferable.

If Apple really do transition to a 16:9 screen as rumored I would expect significant changes and improvements to the UI too. I am actually against the change to 16:9, i'd prefer a 4" screen of the same ratio as the current iPhone.

I for one do not have the dexterity to control both ends of my foot seperately at the same time. If I tried to heel toe i'd crash pretty quickly :p

PP, I just got the receipt back from my car. My suspicions were correct, there was more than one part and it was fairly costly.

erLu

On the software side it's pretty safe to say the next iPhone will be behind since we have already seen iOS 6 and it's main point seems to have been competing with ICS.

You should be able to upgrade and retain your existing plan, if that isn't the case anymore upgrading to a new iPhone would cause you to lose it as well anyways. If you don't want to mess with At&t or risk your plan there is always the Galaxy Nexus which is unlocked for $350 from Google Play. It also has the advantage of a pentaband HSPA+ radio so 3g/"4g" will work on both At&t and Tmobile as well as all of their prepaid services.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa&feature=device-featured#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIwMiwibnVsbC1mZWF0dXJlZF9kZXZpY2VzX1VTX18xX3Byb21vXzEzNDA1MTg5NjUwMzYiXQ..

I actually used to work for AT&T, and I know how they handle this sort of thing...firstly, my data plan is specifically an "iPhone unlimited data" plan. They specially made them when the iPhone came out, so it's separate from any other data plan. So if I upgrade to an Android phone, I dump the iPhone plan and go with the regular data packages they have. But if I upgrade to a new iPhone, they don't need to change the data package, and they won't. Had to buy Andi a new iPhone 4 when her 3G started crapping bricks, we were able to keep the data plan. Also know from experience with the way AT&T's systems work that it doesn't make the rep change any plan options when upgrading the device unless it's not specifically support (such as iPhone data with an Android phone).

The Nexus idea isn't too bad, but it kinda reverts back to my app dilemma. Also, the way AT&T "senses" what phones are attached to the SIM cards now would make it so they would force me to change my data plan. For example, when I was tethering on my plan that doesn't support it, they got all uppity and said if I keep tethering past a certain date, they would automatically update me to a 2gb plan with tethering that cost 15 bucks more than my unlimited plan a month. :| Joy. I'm sure the same would apply to my iPhone data package, most likely they would sense it was a Nexus and ask me to switch from iPhone specific data to the regular plan.

Back
Top Bottom