Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

What Galaxy you got ?

You can sell the 4S for about 90% of it's new price.. so if you can buy your galaxy for < 90% of the 4S's price you should of done it, made some cash and get a new Galaxy.
Well I have a 3G Galaxy S Vibrant, and if I didn't need my phone for work every day I would have. I would be rockin a Galaxy S2, damn work.

Today I have downloaded the leaked 4.0.1 Android ROM for my phone, and am gonna try it out now.

The new multitasking UI seems to fit in very well witch Touchwiz.

I like Touchwiz 4 better than stock Gingerbread and I can understand why Samsung needs to keep the UI consistent for less tech savvy users however I still wish the ICS update was more stock looking.

I never actually got around to installing it on my GS2; there were a lot of complaints about bugs and such since it's an alpha release. Might play around with it for a few days next week.

And apparently the current version of TouchWiz on there is a placeholder for a more developed release to match the ICS UI better.

So I finally got around to RMA'ing this video card. Here's the correspondence that has went on between me and XFX support.

[ 11/14/2011 3:14:32 AM] I used this card in the above build and it would freeze up right after I would install the graphics drivers (I tried sever different versions). Upon reboot I would get a Hyper Transport Sync Error occurred on last boot. I replaced the CPU, motherboard, PSU, and RAM as well as formatting the hard drive and reinstalling the OS to try to correct this problem. It was only after I swapped out this graphics card that I was able to finish the build for my customer. I now have a customer who could make use of this type of card so I need to RMA this one for one that is not defective.

[KEVIN_C 11/14/2011 6:54:00 PM] We are sorry to hear that this has happened. Please double check that your serial number is registered correctly. Verify that your Account information (URL here) has your current contact phone number and shipping address that someone will be able to sign for a package (no PO boxes allowed for FedEx shipments) when a product is returned to you, FedEx requires these things when shipping anything in case they have to contact you about delivery, and we can escalate this for RMA evaluation. When we issue an RMA it pulls the address that is in your account information at that time. Updating your account information after the RMA is issued will not update the address that the package is being returned to. Thank you. Kevin

[ 11/15/2011 1:54:13 AM] I have updated my address. The phone number is correct. The serial number is correct as best my eyes can make it out... I don`t know if the fourth digit is a "0" or a "O" but I am guessing a zero. Thanks for your help.

[DANIEL_E 11/18/2011 12:33:32 AM] Hello, I have authorized your RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) so that you can send your XFX product(s) with serial(s) xxxxxxxx in to get serviced. Your RMA number is xxxxxxxx. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser, URL here. This form contains all the details for sending your product in for warranty service. Please read this document carefully before sending your product in. The address being used for return shipping is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If for some reason you need to use a different return shipping address or telephone number then please notify us immediately at rmashipping@xfxforce.com. Include your ticket number as the subject line. Changing the address in your online profile will NOT update the return address on the RMA.

[MICHAELC 12/8/2011 7:45:53 PM] We have received your recent returns ref: xxxxxxxx. Your returns will be passed to the RMA department for testing and diagnosis. We will notify you on completion. Thank You. XFX Support Team

[MICHAELC 12/14/2011 10:59:39 PM] Hi ; We have performed extensive testing on the board you sent in and have not been able to find any issues with it. At this point I am confident that the product is fully functional and the issue you described is not related to the board. I have instructed RMA dept to go ahead and replace the card anyway so if you receive the replacement and the same issues persist, I would recommend to troubleshoot other parts of the system. Thanks, Michael

[MICHAELC 12/14/2011 10:59:52 PM] Your recent returns ref: xxxxxxxx has recently completed the testing process with the following status: {M4Y048528 = NOFAULTFOUND}. A technician will be in contact shortly to discuss completion of this return. If you have any queries regarding this test result - please send a message to the support team. Thank You. XFX Support Team

[JASONN 12/16/2011 12:03:25 AM] We have despatched your recent returns ref: xxxxxxxx via Global Homepage with tracking reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you have any queries regarding this action - please send a message to the support team. Thank You. XFX Support Team

[JASONN 12/16/2011 12:03:28 AM] We have now completed your recent returns ref: xxxxxxxx. If you have any queries regarding this action - please send a message to the support team. Thank You. XFX Support Team

Sorry but I call BS on their diagnosis. I replaced everything before I swapped out the video card... CPU, mobo, PSU, RAM, hard drive. But if they say it is good to go I will take their word for it. maybe it was a conflict with the motherboard I was using or something. A cousin wants to buy it off of me so I will be handling any technical difficulties with the card anyway.

Back
Top Bottom