Potentially the longest thread in history...

I don't listen, watch, or believe the weather anymore. I look at their radar, wind, pressure, and other things to make my own forecast.

Tell me about it i was watching the Skiing at live at Lake Louise, Canada. They almost had to cancel it because of too much snow falling, so i checked the forecast, and apparently there is no snow predicted at all. Let alone getting it right in the future, they couldn't get it right for the same day.

I'm a netweather.tv subscriber, and i can tell you the different weather models such as GFS, CFS, NMM, NAO.. they all predict totally different crap up to about 48/24 hours out when they usually start to agree with each other. Even then you look at the 06z run, compare it to the 12z run later in the day, and again, totally different.

Re: Today I have...

my thanksgiving was meh... had some good coffee and ham but we were at hubbymommas house and her hubby was talking too much about gross stupid **** making me sick and ****ed so we left and then went to mymoms and bro showed me some games and I played a little.... got to try skryim (on the xbox 360) for 20 minutes and now I want it.... prepping system for skyrim and hoping for the best.... gonna update drivers and optimize and free some disk space and try it.... hope it works good.

but then we drove home and we had silent hill fog goin on and we could barely see.... LOL but we made it home fine.

my thanksgiving was meh... had some good coffee and ham but we were at hubbymommas house and her hubby was talking too much about gross stupid **** making me sick and ****ed so we left and then went to mymoms and bro showed me some games and I played a little.... got to try skryim (on the xbox 360) for 20 minutes and now I want it.... prepping system for skyrim and hoping for the best.... gonna update drivers and optimize and free some disk space and try it.... hope it works good.

but then we drove home and we had silent hill fog goin on and we could barely see.... LOL but we made it home fine.
It didn't end well for the laptop with all the mods. 1920x1200 res on medium with all the mods made it lag so bad. I didn't try vanilla Skyrim though.

same here too bad it's expensive as **** for all that stuff.

and the weather agencies and sites seriously need to change thier **** models. weather has changed in the past 10 years so drastically thier models are dated and they need to re-do their algorithms baaaaaad.

mom and sis ***** about it alot as well since they have travel jobs and they hate it when it says it'll be compeltely clear and it sends up being epic **** storms of doom along the way to thier destinations. and work can't compensate for car damages and pay for any problems and they have no medical insurance from thier companies or benifits ether.

yeah I'll get to it all when I feel better....

but I am still ****ed at my hubby's stepdad.... arrrg still bothers me what he talked about..... it's too complicated but it was very mean and disgusting.... god **** it's gonna take me a while to recover. not going to talk to them for a looooonnnnnggggg time to put it lightly.

I don't listen, watch, or believe the weather anymore. I look at their radar, wind, pressure, and other things to make my own forecast.
I haven't paid attention to the weather in years. I get weather news by it happening around me :p

same here too bad it's expensive as **** for all that stuff.

and the weather agencies and sites seriously need to change thier **** models. weather has changed in the past 10 years so drastically thier models are dated and they need to re-do their algorithms baaaaaad.

mom and sis ***** about it alot as well since they have travel jobs and they hate it when it says it'll be compeltely clear and it sends up being epic **** storms of doom along the way to thier destinations. and work can't compensate for car damages and pay for any problems and they have no medical insurance from thier companies or benifits ether.

Why don't you use radar and lightning detectors ?, they update every 5minutes, and radar is very rarely wrong. Well, it never shows you rain that isn't there, but on a rare and unusual occasion it won't show any rain and there will be some.

The models are updated continuously. It's just an incredibley complicated thing to accurately predict.
There is a weatherdude on netweather that explains it a bit like this:
"Weather models revolve around a set of events occuring that we predict are going to happen, for example, A + B + C + D = F. If all four events ABCD come off, our prediction (F) will be absolutely correct"

"Weather models revolve around a set of events occuring that we predict are going to happen, for example, A + B + C + D = F. If all four events ABCD come off, our prediction (F) will be absolutely correct"
Indeed, and instead of there just being A, B, C, and D, there's hundreds of thousands of these.

Back
Top Bottom