Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Oh how I love having free RAM.

ram.jpg

I don't, just cheap ones. Like Logitechs :) It's mainly the subwoofer i have a problem with, it's erm, crap - basically.

get an audio set up like this:
50654784-M.jpg

You see those teeny little silver bookshelfs.. well, they are Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3's, and they are over £2500 a pair.. and that huge mother of a sub, is a REL Studio 3, these are over £3000 a pop too. That set up would be the best sounding speaker setup you are likely to of ever heard. These are the kind of surround sound systems i wholeheartedly support, especially when both the sub and bookshelfs are the best the British have to offer the world ;)
Over rated and over priced. I could make a setup sound better than that junk any day for a lot cheaper.

Edit: I just lold hard because I didn't see this before. All that money in speakers yet powered by a class D amp and no digital processing and conversion? Wow.

Over rated and over priced. I could make a setup sound better than that junk any day for a lot cheaper.

Edit: I just lold hard because I didn't see this before. All that money in speakers yet powered by a class D amp and no digital processing and conversion? Wow.

Thats a lot coming from someone who clearly has never heard them.

In what way can you make a bookshelf speaker sound better than AE AE1's ?, you know, once regarded as the best bookshelf speakers on earth. They aint just knocked together by tom and joe from the corner shop you know. They're designed and constantly refined by trained and qualified audio engineers, likely far exceeding your amateur ability.

Yeah, the amps not great, but i'd guess after spending that money he cant afford a top amp right now.

I'm really interested in how you plan on making "much better speakers".

Do you have a sound room ? i doubt that.
Do you have precision audio equipment ? i doubt that too.
Where do you intend on getting two extremely high end drivers, that match each other perfectly, and are tuned to the enclosure perfectly ?

This is not a personal attack but it seems incredibley unlikely a guy from tech forums can make far better speakers on any day than one of the worlds leading hi-fi audio companies.

I have a 30 year old pair of Realistic floor standing speakers with an analog amp stero receiver thing and they sound better than any speaker set I've heard.

I have a 30 year old pair of Realistic floor standing speakers with an analog amp stero receiver thing and they sound better than any speaker set I've heard.

Old stuff is nearly always good. These days they spend it all on licensing useless junk like bluetooth, airplay and putting loads of ****ty gadgets in receivers/amps.

Old stuff is nearly always good. These days they spend it all on licensing useless junk like bluetooth, airplay and putting loads of ****ty gadgets in receivers/amps.

this. Seriously, that's something I look out for when I'm out and about. People chucking away old amps and stuff because they think they must be crap because of their age. Little do they know it probably performs better than 99% of the stuff these days :p

Re: Today I have...

4GB and 8GB are so mainstream, I've got 6 ;)

Yesterday I didn't get to bed till like 5AM this morning, woke up at 9 anyway. Hair of the dog is fixing up up tho :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom