Potentially the longest thread in history...

Just installed XP on my moms new laptop... Downgraded from vista because she does not like it. I couldnt find the audio driver and all it said for specs on the audio was the brand that made it. I called up Toshiba support and asked them where I could find the driver. They told me to search for "realtek audio drivers XP" and then look through all 300 results and try them each one by one to see if they work... I ended up searching something different and found them.

What kind of support is that though? Install each of these 300 drivers and hopefully one will be the one you need.

Well, first you have to throw salt over both your shoulders. Then you have to throw pepper over her left shoulder, and salt over her right. Then you have to draw a pagan symbol in the dirt and chant ancient sutra with one hand against your chest, while holding your girlfriend's side. After which, you have to hold the iPod up to the sky and tell God to smite it, and right before the lightning strikes it, you yank it away so it misses and hits the symbol in the dirt, and VIOLA. Song transferred.

Or you could use google. ;)

Let me google that for you

Found this and thought I would share.

For all you DragonBall fans...

w173948184.gif

I dunno if IQ is cumulative. Can 12,000 idiots achieve the same thing as one genius? Not to imply who is or isn't a genius...
I know. It's just from Red Dwarf.
If we look at IQ we know that it is normally distributed with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15. If we go 2 standard deviations that will include 95% of the population. Hence I would say IQ > 130 = genius and IQ < 70 = idiot. btw did you now that half of the worlds population has an IQ less than the mean.
Yes, that's because average is calculated from the mean of everybody. With 100 IQ points being the centre.

If everybody suddenly jumped up or dropped down in intelligence, the mean would still be 100 points. Of course, then 100 IQ points would not represent the same intelligence as before.
Okay Mr. Statistics... which is true - that mean IQ is dropping or going up?
It doesn't change. 100 IQ points is based on what the mean is, irrespective of how intelligent or stupid people in general are.

However, an intetresting fact is that most people, on average, think that they have an above average IQ.

I'm not sure why. A Genius is someone who does great things with their mind, like Einstein. Someone with a high IQ but who does not use it is no genius. This is not a difficult concept. This is the thrid time I have explained it.
Geniuses tend to be people who go out of their way to think of things in a different way, to see if they can figure out something new.
Because of course, thinking of things in exactly the same way as everybody else usually doesn't give new ideas.

I can verify that Saxon is a genius due to his recommendation of BSG.

Just finished season 3 :)
I haven't watched it yet. I'll get around to it some day.

Apok watch it trust me BSG is sooo good man you will love it, very complex story with lots and lots of thought put into it.

Oh an Apok Red Dwarf has 3 new episodes coming out on the 10th of the month, set a few years after the last episode "only the good" where Rimmer got conked out by the vending machine that had a grudge with him.

Back
Top Bottom