Potentially the longest thread in history...

They take about 7k off MSRP at this dealer so the one I'd want base is 28k. Thing is, F150 is bread and butter here for Ford hands down. Same kinda options in an F150 and we're talking 80k easy. I have a friend that kept screwing with a dealer and they were offering him a 2016 GT auto base model for 10k. He did it. That's why I said I've been having my fun with it because if they lower it enough to make that sale I'll jump on it. The one they have that I want is a triple black performance pack 2017 GT. Hell I'd do it for 18k honestly.

Man you have no idea how good you have it ;) Until we got the Mustang over here, the only way to get 400hp or more was something like an BMW M4 or M3, and Audi RS3 and an aftermarket tune etc. Basically, you couldn't do it for under $60,000 minimum unless you went 2nd hand.

Even one of the cheaper hot hatches like mine is $40k for 300hp.

To be fair the situation is improving. They keep massively ramping up hot hatch horsepower. They've gone from about 180hp to 390hp in the last 5 to 10 years, and it's still accelerating. Pretty likely there will be a hot hatch well over 400hp for < £40k by the end of the year here. Still expensive, but not too bad, when you consider they're "premium cars" with all fancy electronic **** and nice leather interiors with magnetic susp etc and all that malarkey.

Last edited:
I think I had my first busiest day since I started working here.
From my team of 4, 1 was out, 1 at training, 1 wfh so I was here all by my self.
5 Windows 8 machine went down today
In the last week we've had 7 so not sure wth is going on.

Man you have no idea how good you have it ;) Until we got the Mustang over here, the only way to get 400hp or more was something like an BMW M4 or M3, and Audi RS3 and an aftermarket tune etc. Basically, you couldn't do it for under $60,000 minimum unless you went 2nd hand.

Even one of the cheaper hot hatches like mine is $40k for 300hp.

To be fair the situation is improving. They keep massively ramping up hot hatch horsepower. They've gone from about 180hp to 390hp in the last 5 to 10 years, and it's still accelerating. Pretty likely there will be a hot hatch well over 400hp for < £40k by the end of the year here. Still expensive, but not too bad, when you consider they're "premium cars" with all fancy electronic **** and nice leather interiors with magnetic susp etc and all that malarkey.
The problem with those is torque steer but with technology it's getting better. I doubt the dude will get one of those cars low enough for me to bite though. I'll just keep putting money into my current.

Looking for a flight to Europe this summer. Thinking London. Any recommendations?

I dunno wtf kman is talking about when he said it's expensive :p I *loved* the prices there. You could get a box of 6 wings, chips, and a drink for £2.50 ($3usd). AND it tasted delicious. #1 thing about london XD walk more than 500m down nearly any street and there's a high probability you'll run into a chicken joint. Pub prices usually aren't too bad either, I think 2 pints and a burger usually cost me around £12, which is what 2 pints by themselves would cost me back in aus :p

For getting around the city I'd say get an oyster card. Dunno if you have similar RFID type systems in the US, but was pretty similar setup to where I'm from. Tag on to get onto bus/station/etc, tag off when you get out. Easy peasy, no paper tickets necessary. Can even get one posted to you if your trip is a little ways off, otherwise just buy it when you get there.

People there are actually pretty friendly 99% of the time, if you have a question just ask someone and they're weirdly polite about trying to help you :grin:

As for places to go, apart from dedicating a day to just strolling around the city and all the usual famous landmarks, I'd say take a 10min train from Cannon St Station to Greenwich just to say you've been there :p entry to the observatory in greenwich is about £7 IIRC, you can stand on the meridian line marker and walk through the observatory and see the history of building an accurate timepiece to enable accurate sailing.
There's also a ship there called the Cutty Sark, you can walk all over/under it and it's pretty impressive if you've not been on an old style sailing ship before.

Pub prices usually aren't too bad either, I think 2 pints and a burger usually cost me around £12, which is what 2 pints by themselves would cost me back in aus :p
I live in Coventry which is one of the cheapest places to live in the UK, and that would cost me about £8-9. £12 for two pints and a burger is very impressive for London.

As for places to go, apart from dedicating a day to just strolling around the city and all the usual famous landmarks, I'd say take a 10min train from Cannon St Station to Greenwich just to say you've been there :p entry to the observatory in greenwich is about £7 IIRC, you can stand on the meridian line marker and walk through the observatory and see the history of building an accurate timepiece to enable accurate sailing.
If you haven't seen this you may enjoy it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q

I absolutely second getting an Oyster card.

I dunno wtf kman is talking about when he said it's expensive :p I *loved* the prices there. You could get a box of 6 wings, chips, and a drink for £2.50 ($3usd). AND it tasted delicious. #1 thing about london XD walk more than 500m down nearly any street and there's a high probability you'll run into a chicken joint. Pub prices usually aren't too bad either, I think 2 pints and a burger usually cost me around £12, which is what 2 pints by themselves would cost me back in aus :p

For getting around the city I'd say get an oyster card. Dunno if you have similar RFID type systems in the US, but was pretty similar setup to where I'm from. Tag on to get onto bus/station/etc, tag off when you get out. Easy peasy, no paper tickets necessary. Can even get one posted to you if your trip is a little ways off, otherwise just buy it when you get there.

People there are actually pretty friendly 99% of the time, if you have a question just ask someone and they're weirdly polite about trying to help you :grin:

There's also a ship there called the Cutty Sark, you can walk all over/under it and it's pretty impressive if you've not been on an old style sailing ship before.

Are you *sure* you were in London ?

Don't get me wrong, you can get cheap food. And yeah, especially at fried chicken joints. There are plenty of really ****ty, run down places in London where prices are normal. What I mean is if you are walking around City of London area and you see a nice riverside bar, it's not going to be cheap. Also, Australia is also super expensive now, especially the big cities. From what I can tell the only places that are similarly expensive in the US are San Fran, LA, Vegas and New York.

As for friendly... probably because you're from Aus :p Idk, they were never nice to me, and my sister admits the same and she lives there...

I live in Coventry which is one of the cheapest places to live in the UK, and that would cost me about £8-9. £12 for two pints and a burger is very impressive for London.

If you haven't seen this you may enjoy it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q

I absolutely second getting an Oyster card.

Yeah I am wondering if he was actually in Luton rather than Lundon.. £12 is ridic cheap for that. Unless you bought it in, say, some eastend borough.

Last edited:
The problem with those is torque steer but with technology it's getting better. I doubt the dude will get one of those cars low enough for me to bite though. I'll just keep putting money into my current.

Well, I don't find torque steer much of a problem on my car. It's pretty easy to control, infact it's barely worse than my old 1.6TDI 105hp hatchback. What's more of a problem is wheel hop. It's hard to get the power down below 20mph in anything other than very warm, dry weather.

Pretty much all the 300hp+ hot hatches are now 4WD though, which reduces both torque steer and wheel hop.

LOL only slowly figured out it was satire XD my facial progression:
:):omg::):neutral::confused::umm::silent: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :facepalm:

I just tried watching it at work and had to stop about a minute in when she says "What is clocks?"

There are other episodes, that's not even the best one, and she ended up doing a full episode around Xmas which I haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
Well, I don't find torque steer much of a problem on my car. It's pretty easy to control, infact it's barely worse than my old 1.6TDI 105hp hatchback. What's more of a problem is wheel hop. It's hard to get the power down below 20mph in anything other than very warm, dry weather.

Pretty much all the 300hp+ hot hatches are now 4WD though, which reduces both torque steer and wheel hop.
Got an email last night from the guy saying he's processing my app now and he'll see what he can do. Meanwhile I was playing BF1 laughing my *** off #wastehistime2017

Back
Top Bottom