Potentially the longest thread in history...

You're saying people born in worse off countries basically should stfu and deal while you sit comfy in your mum's house being not even particularly fussed about losing your job. I can't argue that you're not right in that *does* work out better for you (short term mb), though you did nothing to deserve your better hand other than be born in a country that has its more sordid chapters in the past where things don't matter. Both the US and Britain were built hugely on slave empires, we kinda frown on now and don't let other developing countries do like we got to :p funnily enough a basically free labour force does wonders for the economy!

You said their country is poor, mine is rich, they'd like to come here but I wouldn't liek to go there so **** this partnership and don't let them do that. Sounds a lot like the classic "I've got mine so **** you" to me tbh
The history of your country is relevant because it's the only thing that's made the UK the place immigrants want to be in, instead of the shoe being on the other foot. Britain as a country made itself what it is by oppressing the everliving **** out of MOST of the rest of the world, and now some of those countries want to live in the UK so they can get a livable wage and you wanna cry foul?

How are these immigrants surviving in the same place as british workers on wages that apparently the brits couldn't live on? I absolutely can't understand that given they have to pay the same taxes, the same amount for food at shops, etc. As far as I'm aware, there's no special payout for being a person from another country.
Also assuming these immigrants were earning *even less* in their home country, how were they meant to survive there? Or does it only matter when the "poor blue collar workers" in question are british by birth? Also, does the UK not have a minimum wage set?

And yes, you're absolutely welcome to try and undercut me over here, it doesn't bother me whatsoever :p there are plenty of people queuing up to do my job for 30k less than me already let alone 10. "boo hoo someone will do it for less than me" is what the free market is about, the exception being that we do limit this via govt intervention to avoid exploitation of poorer working class (i.e we have a livable minimum wage).
Our backwards *** govt is "liberal" only in name, they're actually our most conservative major party. Back in the day they campaigned on "stop the boats", the PM was basically our version of farage.
Guess who backs this party? Old cunts with the same mentality as what I described in my first paragraph. Australia is mostly made up of old people, it's also why we elected a govt that says coal is great, climate change is nonsense, and who needs good internet.
This coming election next month is one of the most polarized in the history of our country where the demographics being targeted are clearly split between old vs young.

Last edited:
@ Soul

@ Kmanmx

What are you guys arguing about.

I know I know so pissed rite now, but do you not think the border territory is old scene. What ever happened to humanity. Being human and loving each other for what we are. What are you guys arguing about?

You guys need to knock it off. Humanity is more important. The love for one another.

I know I'm so pissed rite now but whats so important seriously You guys need to knock it off.

@Soul I'm, sorry for the British colognes and what they they done to your land but I cant be held responsible that.

I apologist for my government.

but please understand these where different times

Last edited:
You said their country is poor, mine is rich, they'd like to come here but I wouldn't liek to go there so **** this partnership and don't let them do that. Sounds a lot like the classic "I've got mine so **** you" to me tbh
The history of your country is relevant because it's the only thing that's made the UK the place immigrants want to be in, instead of the shoe being on the other foot. Britain as a country made itself what it is by oppressing the everliving **** out of MOST of the rest of the world, and now some of those countries want to live in the UK so they can get a livable wage and you wanna cry foul?

How are these immigrants surviving in the same place as british workers on wages that apparently the brits couldn't live on? I absolutely can't understand that given they have to pay the same taxes, the same amount for food at shops, etc. As far as I'm aware, there's no special payout for being a person from another country.
Also assuming these immigrants were earning *even less* in their home country, how were they meant to survive there? Or does it only matter when the "poor blue collar workers" in question are british by birth? Also, does the UK not have a minimum wage set?

And yes, you're absolutely welcome to try and undercut me over here, it doesn't bother me whatsoever :p there are plenty of people queuing up to do my job for 30k less than me already let alone 10. "boo hoo someone will do it for less than me" is what the free market is about, the exception being that we do limit this via govt intervention to avoid exploitation of poorer working class (i.e we have a livable minimum wage).
Our backwards *** govt is "liberal" only in name, they're actually our most conservative major party. Back in the day they campaigned on "stop the boats", the PM was basically our version of farage.
Guess who backs this party? Old cunts with the same mentality as what I described in my first paragraph. Australia is mostly made up of old people, it's also why we elected a govt that says coal is great, climate change is nonsense, and who needs good internet.
This coming election next month is one of the most polarized in the history of our country where the demographics being targeted are clearly split between old vs young.

Meh, clearly our politics are polar opposites so we can just agree to completely disagree :p

Actually, y'all's politics are polar opposites of mine (usually) but we all still get along.

Fo sure!

There is a whole world outside of politics that I have a lot in common with people here. I never expect people to agree with me on stuff. My political thoughts have also changed quite a lot over the past 10 years, and they will probably change a lot in the next 10 years too. So I keep an open mind about these things :D

Actually, y'all's politics are polar opposites of mine (usually) but we all still get along.

One of the reasons I like to be here is that it gets me out of my bubble, too (we all have our political bubbles that we get stuck in). And none of you are as far as I know are "liquify the gays/poor/religious/athiests" level of extreme so I can respect your opinions and beliefs.

We all for the most part here are passionate about tech and agree generally on being good people etc.

Back
Top Bottom