Potentially the longest thread in history...

I use Adblock (similar to AdFree); but the big banner ads don't get blocked - nor to the ads pushed by GoSMS that appear in the convo list.

Might as well root the M8 :p.
I'm tempted not to since my carrier lets me do calls and texts via WiFi, but it won't open if you're rooted.

Re: Today I have...

I have Adblock and that does a pretty good job.. it's just those special ones in GoSMS. I installed it once, saw like four ads, and immediately removed it. Textra 4lyfe :tongue:
Unfortunately GoSMS is still the best one for me since it has everything I need.

It's also one of the only SMS apps that, when I used to have my data turned off and only turned it on when I needed it, will auto-turn on data for MMS and then turn it back off.

I'm tempted not to since my carrier lets me do calls and texts via WiFi, but it won't open if you're rooted.

Just use something like RootCloak to hide root access from the app.

I was pretty unlucky really. Chances are it's going to release within just a month or two of the date set in the bet. Oh well. A bets a bet and i'm going to lose it :p The main thing is that it is coming to PC.

Someone's gonna be broke soon...

Unfortunately GoSMS is still the best one for me since it has everything I need.

It's also one of the only SMS apps that, when I used to have my data turned off and only turned it on when I needed it, will auto-turn on data for MMS and then turn it back off.

I'm not sure if it has that last feature or not, but EvolveSMS has a pretty sleek interface and has a lot of tweakable MMS settings. I used it for a while but it wasn't perfect...been a while though, maybe it's better now. Maybe give it a shot?

I'm not sure if it has that last feature or not, but EvolveSMS has a pretty sleek interface and has a lot of tweakable MMS settings. I used it for a while but it wasn't perfect...been a while though, maybe it's better now. Maybe give it a shot?

I wanna say that was one I looked at when I went to replace GoSMS... but I can't remember for sure.

I'll have to check it out again - I went through all the popular ones and they were all missing 1 or 2 features that GoSMS had that I use.

I wanna say that was one I looked at when I went to replace GoSMS... but I can't remember for sure.

I'll have to check it out again - I went through all the popular ones and they were all missing 1 or 2 features that GoSMS had that I use.

EvolveSMS has been sort of in beta for a while but they keep working on it...the problem I was having was it randomly would send messages to a different person and some messages wouldn't show up...but that was months ago, there's probably been a lot of fixes since then.

Back
Top Bottom