Potentially the longest thread in history...

I honestly can barely believe that this thread is still alive. we are closing in on 30,000 posts here, I remember when this thread started and thought "ok, it will last a few months". I didn't give it as many months as it has lasted in years!

It helps that it was stickied :lol:.

Re: Today I have...

If it was that simple I'd do it, but you don't get it. I work for a computer shop. This is for an end user. For a business. He uses Quickbooks (which I'm pretty sure doesn't work in linux outside of a database) and he's computer stupid. I give him linux and he'll have an aneurysm and die.

Maybe not the worst thing in the world :p.

The computer can handle windows 7. BARELY. It has a dual core P4 and 1GB of RAM. It struggles. The Intel IGP didn't have 7 drivers specifically and doesn't support Aero (who knows what other problems it'll run into). It definitely needs more memory and I'm going to push to put some in, but that's really besides the point. He's not going to be happy with this. I'm not happy with this.

Is this at the new shop you started working at or the other one?

If it was that simple I'd do it, but you don't get it. I work for a computer shop. This is for an end user. For a business. He uses Quickbooks (which I'm pretty sure doesn't work in linux outside of a database) and he's computer stupid. I give him linux and he'll have an aneurysm and die.

The computer can handle windows 7. BARELY. It has a P4 with HT and 1GB of RAM. It struggles. The Intel IGP didn't have 7 drivers specifically and doesn't support Aero (who knows what other problems it'll run into). It definitely needs more memory and I'm going to push to put some in, but that's really besides the point. He's not going to be happy with this. I'm not happy with this.
:p

Today my background check came back clean!
A0A6Oys.png

WOOHOO

Whyd you need to hook up the iPhone to iTunes ?

You can text from a computer, as my sister does it to me from her laptop. I dunno how as I've never bothered.
I needed to reset it.

Google seems to think otherwise. There is a paid for app that sends text to your phone but you still have to hit send. I'm looking for a Mightytext equivalent.

true... very true. also, inappropriate for the other thread, I think it's awesome that I'm not the only one still running a 2xx series graphics card and era hardware:triumphant:

I haven't updated my sig in forever :lol:.

My desktop's 285 had to get replaced with a 5850 when I sent it into XFX for warranty. Though I never use my desktop anymore... my gaming laptop is my primary system now.

Maybe not the worst thing in the world :p.

Is this at the new shop you started working at or the other one?

New shop, at the old shop the guy actually listened to me and understood I knew what I was talking about.

Yeah yeah, I get it. I was mad and just thinking about the task manager having two threads. I could go on forever about how my brain makes connections to explain it but honestly I get enough of that at home and it does no good so...lol.

Man, I never updated my sig either. I think I even have a new one somewhere I just never bothered uploading...or maybe it just wasn't finished.

Back
Top Bottom