Cyprus vs Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Gaaaah! My home country Cyprus almost tied/beat Italy the world champions (Soccer) in qualifiers. Italy scored in overtime and beat us 2:1.

Anyone see the match? If not post what you think anyway.

It is normal for a country of 1 million people of whom 80% are Greek and rest are Turkish not to consist a good football team. Even Greece of 11 million people won by chance the Euro of 2004. The greater the population, the more possibilities of good athletes existing, that's the reason why USA and China are always top on the olympics.

Offtopic : Do you speak some Greek? :D

Cyprus played much much better than the champions though, for such a small population its amazing.
Offtopic : Do you speak some Greek?
Nai, kai si? Milo lio anla gatalaveno pola. (Pathetic Translation to Greeklish.. lol)

Cyprus played much much better than the champions though, for such a small population its amazing.

Nai, kai si? Milo lio anla gatalaveno pola. (Pathetic Translation to Greeklish.. lol)

Nice, egw menw monima ellada, Thessaloniki sygkekrimena, pote tha fygw gia athina na yshxasw den xerw, exw kai tous goneis na me prizoun 24/7. Twra pws grafthka se amerikaniko forum auto einai allh istoria :D

Woah, my head hurts. It might be better if you used greek characters and such because your Greeklish is out of this world. lol. I got about 90% of it.

And as you may know Cypriots have a different way of saying things. Eg Instead of Kai, we say 'chai'.

Woah, my head hurts. It might be better if you used greek characters and such because your Greeklish is out of this world. lol. I got about 90% of it.

And as you may know Cypriots have a different way of saying things. Eg Instead of Kai, we say 'chai'.

Yeah i know it is kinda funny, just like so many other idioms we use, Here in Salonika we say some weird things too, but just a couple of words :D...

My Greeklish is ok, i've seen much more odd, however i might have to stop using them often because they might affect my spelling. I heard about a student who gave an essay written in Greeklish and the teacher couldn't comprehend it because they ain't know how, despite they know Latin Characters :D

Nice, egw menw monima ellada, Thessaloniki sygkekrimena, pote tha fygw gia athina na yshxasw den xerw, exw kai tous goneis na me prizoun 24/7. Twra pws grafthka se amerikaniko forum auto einai allh istoria

Nice, εγώ μένω μόνιμα Ελλάδα, Θεσσαλονίκη συγκεκριμένα, πότε θα φύγω να ησυχάσω δεν ξέρω έχω και τους γονείς να με πρήζουν 24/7. Τώρα πως γράφτηκα σε Αμερικάνικο forum είναι μια άλλη ιστορία.

Better huh? :D

Much better....

Scary because while i was born in Cyprus, my parents tought me English because they knew we were coming to Australia and i only learnt to read greek last year.

^ In hindsight it would have been better if i knew Greek first... with greek tests at school and all.. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom