Someone Help Me W/ Comcast Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtw9924

Beta member
Ok, this is kind of hard for me to explain but i've looked everywhere on the internet and can't find a solution. I am hooked up to a comcast modem, w/ a router. However, i have vonage phone company hooked up to my internet. I've been having some problems to say the least. Every once and a while since i got vonage, maybe like once a month, my internet just goes out. I've been able to reset it by unplugging the power cords and waiting a couple of minutes. Now however, i can't get that strategy to work. When ever i get my internet lights blinking, i plug in the vonage device, so far so good. When i turn on the computer however, the connection will automatically go out. Causting my phone to go out. So i've tried a few different methods so far. I had completely unhooked my vonage system and just tried using comcast connected through my computer with the USB. This worked for a while, but then shut off after about an hour. I then tried using an Ethernet cable that came with vonage to hook up the comcast modem to my computer, that in turn has worked but shuts off after some time. Every now and again when it shuts off, it will turn back on in a couple of minutes but then will go out again. Some one please help me!

What is the make and model of the modem and the router? I doubt I can help, but whoever can will probably need that information.

the comcast modem is an rca. i'm curious to find out what is causing the problem. comcast, my computer, or vonage

Is the modem also a router? Does it have a model number? If it is a modem/router, you can try setting it up as a bridge instead of a router, but I would need to know the model so I can look it up.

You said you are using a router. What is the model of the router? Comcast is cable internet correct? How was it initially set up? directly to your computer or to the router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom