Official Windows 10 Thread

Or you can save yourself some time and do it from within Windows, using the Reset functionality...

Settings app -> Update & Recovery -> Recovery -> under Reset this PC pick Get Started -> Choose to keep or wipe your personal data -> let it reinstall Windows - no disc required.

My only issue with WIn 10 so far has been graphics card . When I first updated it would not let me used my EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 card, i got the error 43 windows has a problem with your graphics card. I reinstalled my original drive that came with my card and it worked fine.

Just got a update from Nvidia of 352.63 which was for windows 10, with same problem, had to reinstall original driver. Not sure if this is problem is with my EVGA card or Nvidias updates????

My only issue with WIn 10 so far has been graphics card . When I first updated it would not let me used my EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 card, i got the error 43 windows has a problem with your graphics card. I reinstalled my original drive that came with my card and it worked fine.

Just got a update from Nvidia of 352.63 which was for windows 10, with same problem, had to reinstall original driver. Not sure if this is problem is with my EVGA card or Nvidias updates????
Did you do an update from 8 or 7? If so did you completely delete the drivers with DDU? If you didn't, that could be your issue.

Joe C: the link you gave was one of the same links I gave in my posting: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I have a 64-Bit OS, so, then that's the link I should choose, Download Tool Now (64-Bit Version)?

And what did you mean by, "...just remember you must use the same version that your currently using now, or it will not activate."? Do you mean what I already mentioned? The 64-bit? Or do you mean something else?

And when you say, "...Microsoft already has your hardware ID on it's servers and you can do a clean install", do you mean that as long as I haven't made any hardware changes to my system, I can install from this ISO file I'll create without a product key? That it'll just "recognize" me?

Thanks for any info,
Pez

And what did you mean by, "...just remember you must use the same version that your currently using now, or it will not activate."? Do you mean what I already mentioned? The 64-bit? Or do you mean something else?
He means Home vs Pro. If you have Home Premium WIn7/Win8 you can upgrade to Win10 Home; if you have Pro Win7/WIn8.1 you can upgrade to Win10 Pro for free.

And when you say, "...Microsoft already has your hardware ID on it's servers and you can do a clean install", do you mean that as long as I haven't made any hardware changes to my system, I can install from this ISO file I'll create without a product key? That it'll just "recognize" me?

Thanks for any info,
Pez

Correct. Though You can skip the ISO creation and use my suggestion if you've already done the in-place upgrade - just use the Reset feature... it'll reinstall Windows without requiring external media.

Recently I have noticed my desktop will not actually turn off when I click shut down. It goes through all the steps of shutting down but just stays on and occasionally the hard drive light will blink. I would go to shut it down before bed then go to the washroom and come back expecting it to be powered off but it will just stay on and I end up having to just hold the power button down to turn it off

Recently I have noticed my desktop will not actually turn off when I click shut down. It goes through all the steps of shutting down but just stays on and occasionally the hard drive light will blink. I would go to shut it down before bed then go to the washroom and come back expecting it to be powered off but it will just stay on and I end up having to just hold the power button down to turn it off

I get this too, its damned annoying.
Sometimes the OS would just ice up for no reason whatsoever, including shutdown

Yea since yesterday I've run into a ton of issues that are just downright annoying that I did not have in 8.1. They are simply annoying and so I'm reverting all the way back to 7 right now, just so I can enjoy some gaming this weekend uninterrupted with stupid M$ issues.

Back
Top Bottom