Official 5870 Review/Discussion Thread!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im slightly suprised at the price actually. I mean its fairlywell priced in comparison to other cards out, but then I remember the 4870 coming out cheaper (maybe it just dropped quickely because of the gtx260, i cant remember).

Hopefully things should heat up in a price war when GT300 comes out.

i dont need to be rude, but there isnt much point of this thread because there is a next-gen review thread for these reviews to be posted at.

as for the HD 5870 reviews, im loving it a lot n im glad ive waited. However, idk how it will stand up to the GT300. My mind is wandering towards that but idk i have to wait until the summer to decide on a new card.

Well since the HD 5870 is out already, nVidia has a chance of "one-upping" it now, but I think they'll try to jack up the price again and that will screw them over.

Wow, I never knew about the dx10 release, that ATI pretty much has been making dx11 cards. So these 40nm cards are stuck with a process that the manufacturer said is horrid?
Now that's just mean :(.
In the end, what you will end up with is ATI that can double performance if it choses to double shader count, while Nvidia can double shader count, but it will lose a lot of real world performance if it does.
Nvidia will have a situation on its hands in the low end that will make the DX10 performance of the 8600 and 8400 class parts look like drag racers.
R870 should pummel it in DX10/DX11 performance, but if you buy a $400-600 GPU for ripping DVDs to your Ipod, Nvidia has a card for you. Maybe. Yield problems notwithstanding.
GT300 looks like it has a lot of things against it, article did seem pretty biased though. It's also a little older.

^ ya that article wrong. that guy is just bashing nvidia. it is also pretty old and most of the info in that article has been proven wrong. trust me nvidia is not going to screw up the GT300 launch, especially since ati has thrown their cards on the table so now nvidia knows what it has to beat.

Well if its already ready it may be too late if the production's finished, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was more powerful than the AMD stuff, in fact, I'm expecting it to be faster.

I'm caring about bang for the buck from nVidia which, at this point I don't have high expectations out of them from the GT 300's.

Well if its already ready it may be too late if the production's finished, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was more powerful than the AMD stuff, in fact, I'm expecting it to be faster.

I'm caring about bang for the buck from nVidia which, at this point I don't have high expectations out of them from the GT 300's.

ya same. Here's hoping for an HD 5890 x2!

Pretty impressive for a single GPU card. Needless to say, I haven't put much thought into it. A new CPU setup is next on my list (though this little overclocked E6600 has gotten me its' money's worth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom