Major Connection issue with Netgear Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
well all that stuff still did not resolve this issue...I dont get it haha i have had this laptop for 2 years now and this just happened two nights ago...I did want to keep a wireless connection to play Battlefield 2 so i plugged the modem directly into my laptop...It was fine for like an hour and then BAM it went whacky and my computer has not worked with this internet since..but like i said i can steal others and it works fine.

Its very strange that your desktop works fine with it and the laptop doesn't. Have you called your ISP?

Did u try the wired connection again?

I have one more possibility and i want to know what you think Bruce...I go to Temple University and freshman year we all got free antivirus and this Sygate Security Agent to protect us with. Well two days ago when i lost my connection to the internet I did Ctrl Alt Delete went to tasks and deleted Sygate from my processes. I got an error saying something whack i dont remember what. Well I just now opened Firefox and That sygate thing gave me a window asking if i want firefox to access the net....Do you think if i remove this dumb thing and remove th Symantec i got for free and get some other anti-virus this may fix the issue because right when i hit allow access google loaded but then other webpages did not.

hmmmmm thats possible, but it wouldnt explain how you could connect to other peoples networks and not ur own.

I know i may get flamed for this, but i hate software firewalls, i never use them. lol

there must be a way to turn off the firewall part to test out your theroy. :D

Yeah I dont get it man I was just able to search google and thats it like i could type anything into the search and get a response but none of the other sites worked...i am so lost on whats going on....like i typed yahoomail in ad bam i get 527,000 search responses...but none of the sites work when i try to click on the links

Hey man i just talked to dell support well did an online chat and she made me open msconfig then go to Services and disable them all then apply then Reboot and WAM it works...she said some program was slowing my internet connection because i am on my laptop now typing this but i want to know what program was slowing me down

she also told me the best way to find out is check each box and restart and see which one puts a block on my internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom