Joining a computer to a Domain Controller

thanks Yevrag35 that was it. I added the client, rebooted and then was successfully able to joined the domain. I restarted and was able to successfully log back into my network profile. I recently ran the automatic updater for Asus and it updated the network adapters. It must have removed that client connection. Thank for your time on this. It's really appreciated.
No problem, I wasn't going to let this one go unanswered ;)

One other question. Now that the DC is configured correctly how can I browse to the public domain from inside. Currently the browser says "can't connect to domain". do I need a forwarder?

Yes, but because it the same name as the dc the address loops back to the dc instead of going to the public ip
You could setup an IIS-HTTP Redirect on the DC. So internal clients could still ping and resolve the DC, but when browsing it will redirect to the public website.

Done and Done. Thanks a lot.

It indeed was the new update from Asus that hosed the adapter. I had just updated them before I dis-joined from the domain. I tried to update to the latest version after I had everything working again last night and it completely hosed the NIC. I couldn't even get the drivers to recognize the hardware. I had to reinstall uninstall back to back several times before I could get it working again, but thanks to you I am 100% again.

Back
Top Bottom