Need drivers for Network controller code28 win7

stevethebrain

In Runtime
Need drivers for Network controller code28 win7

Just received my new used LT it’s the same model as my 1st acer. Purchased on ebay

No OS drive included so I used my Acer1 SSD this LTs MOBO thinks win7 is activated.

All seam to be functioning correctly except Network controller, I was forced to hardwire though the eithernet cable to get on net.

This LT has the WIFI module so it must be the driver preventing it to connect wirelessly.

When I purchased Acer #2 seller included win7 drivers which I burned to DVD an now have in Acer#3 DVD tray.attached

Yet the LT can’t seam to browse for drivers that are in the dvd tray. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28.

I’d prefer to use this LT wirelessly but mainly purchased as a stand alone PC for windows media center playback while traveling in my ocean cruiser or my tow vehicle.

Thanks for advicecode28 no drivers.jpgdriversacer#3.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275481464600

If it's the same model, unzip all 3 wireless driver packages in screen 2 to the desktop and search in each folder after hitting update driver.

@stevethebrain
What Driver Updaters have you used?
And if you want help, you need to provide information about your system, that is, the exact make and version of the system, which network adapter you are using, etc. Without knowing absolutely nothing, nobody can possibly give you absolutely any useful help.
I recommend using IObit Driver Booster, Driver Easy, Driver Max, Driver Talent, etc. I have been using all of the above for years and have never had any problems finding any drivers. They all also allow you to make a backup of all drivers to use them again at any time.
Also, for example, IObit Driver Booster helps to find the best settings for the drivers and controllers you use, which is very convenient if you are not very aware of how to set up the best Internet connection and fix connection problems.

If it's the same model, unzip all 3 wireless driver packages in screen 2 to the desktop and search in each folder after hitting update driver.
OK Ididn’t notice the files where zipped. I’ve extracted each wifi file , found Silentinstall_Driveronly_win7. the 3rd file had the drivers like 6 of them.device manager update drivers sucsessfull. No more LAN either net cable.issue resolved. Excellent advice PP Mguire you the Man. Thanks.

BTW this $29. see ebay link ^ LT besides the dent in outside cover appears like new, not a spec of dust or dirt. And for $33. shipped I doubt they cleaned it.

I will be testing it to make absolutely sure she is completely functionale. An diffenity monitoring the CPU temps (that’s what got me 2 used LTs next thread will be about Acer2 the parts one.)

Sure the Acer LT is oldish 2009 model but compare 3USB,HDMI,VGA card reader ect. no comparasion to nowadays LT.

So if I have future problems w/ win7 drivers I have them on DVD & my computer, and undserstand the fix procedure.

Thanks again PP Mguire

drivers for wifi a bunch.jpg

last night I got a tad iratated, from my searching on the net about the web cam video caputure not available was to restore to earlier date.
won't elaberate on that issue I have a thread for that.
I was surprised I was even able to restore to a month ago even though I just installed the OS drive from acer 2 to acer3
anyway after restore it took away the new install of network drivers and I was unable to reinstal. device manager, network, update drivers would'nt work.
what did work was a restore forward in time I didn't know that was even possiable to go back to before the restore point weird. whats also weird is there even was a restore point from past there where restore points 3 months from past.

Back
Top Bottom