Dark Souls 1

Should I move the posts we've been having out of Weekend Gaming into this thread?

And no, I didn't. I wasn't sure how to get it, and when I tried I kept dying when it landed in the middle of the bridge. First I was just bypassing it, and then I managed to sprint passed it when it was flying onto the bridge, but I kept running instead of trying to attack it, so when I reached the other end of the castle, it just flew away. Was kinda ****ed lol.

It is up to you. I guess if you can do it without having to do a bunch of work, go ahead. Otherwise, no worries.

The guys on here told me how to get it. It helps A TON when you are a lower level. It can basically one shot most normal enemies. You have to shoot the dragon's tail with arrows while you are under the bridge like 25 times and it goes into your inventory. I think it is like 200 base damage un-upgraded.

It is up to you. I guess if you can do it without having to do a bunch of work, go ahead. Otherwise, no worries.

The guys on here told me how to get it. It helps A TON when you are a lower level. It can basically one shot most normal enemies. You have to shoot the dragon's tail with arrows while you are under the bridge like 25 times and it goes into your inventory. I think it is like 200 base damage un-upgraded.

Well ****. Lol. Pretty sure I'd have to start a new game to get it now... and I just don't feel like starting over with the time I've already put into it.

I tried figuring out how to do that... but I couldn't get it. Maybe because I was trying to use the crossbow instead of a regular bow, it wouldn't let me lock onto it? I was standing at the middle of the bridge in the wider parts where the fire can't get to you, and it wouldn't let me lock on.

Well ****. Lol. Pretty sure I'd have to start a new game to get it now... and I just don't feel like starting over with the time I've already put into it.

I tried figuring out how to do that... but I couldn't get it. Maybe because I was trying to use the crossbow instead of a regular bow, it wouldn't let me lock onto it? I was standing at the middle of the bridge in the wider parts where the fire can't get to you, and it wouldn't let me lock on.

You can bring up an aiming reticle by holding the left weapon button. You won't be able to lock on from that distance.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Honestly, I had to restart because I killed the vendor that sells arrows because he drops a nice sword. I could probably get back to the area I am in in about 2 hours I bet. I am really missing the fast travel between bonfires that was introduced in DS2. Made things so much more convenient. People said it detracted from the feeling of linked areas, but I don't think that at all.

Moved the posts. It kinda messed up the order somewhat, but meh.

Nice. No worries.

Yeah you should get Drake Sword its totally worth it if the dragon is still there you can still get it. You just manulay aim bring lots of arrows though in case you miss

You can bring up an aiming reticle by holding the left weapon button. You won't be able to lock on from that distance.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Well ****, I wish I would have known that lol.

Honestly, I had to restart because I killed the vendor that sells arrows because he drops a nice sword. I could probably get back to the area I am in in about 2 hours I bet. I am really missing the fast travel between bonfires that was introduced in DS2. Made things so much more convenient. People said it detracted from the feeling of linked areas, but I don't think that at all.

Nice. No worries.

I did that too, lmao. Although I did it on accident. I was surprised by the enemy that jumps out from behind the cabinets, and when I went that where the vendor was, I saw somebody and instantly pressed the attack button, and it hit him lol. Read who it was and found out it was a vendor was I was like "well ****"... but decided to not start over. Got to the blacksmith guy though and he sold bolts for my crossbow, so I have ranged weaponry now at least.

Yeah you should get Drake Sword its totally worth it if the dragon is still there you can still get it. You just manulay aim bring lots of arrows though in case you miss

Does he respawn there at all? Like if I go the long way to get to the bridge (from the beginning) would he be there? Because he already flew away =\.

Well ****, I wish I would have known that lol.

I did that too, lmao. Although I did it on accident. I was surprised by the enemy that jumps out from behind the cabinets, and when I went that where the vendor was, I saw somebody and instantly pressed the attack button, and it hit him lol. Read who it was and found out it was a vendor was I was like "well ****"... but decided to not start over. Got to the blacksmith guy though and he sold bolts for my crossbow, so I have ranged weaponry now at least.

crossbows are worthless you really need a decent bow. it may be worth starting over. If you push through you can actually get 1st bell rung in less than an hr

crossbows are worthless you really need a decent bow. it may be worth starting over. If you push through you can actually get 1st bell rung in less than an hr

I managed to find a Long bow too, so I have that besides crossbow. How is crossbow worthless though? The damages for both crossbow/long bow looked to be the same when I compared stats.

I managed to find a Long bow too, so I have that besides crossbow. How is crossbow worthless though? The damages for both crossbow/long bow looked to be the same when I compared stats.

They both have pros and cons, but I think bows are more useful in general. They have better range and are usually much lighter. Crossbows are nice because they can be fired one handed...

Back
Top Bottom