Dark Souls 3

slaychandim

Evil Made Flesh
Source: Miyazaki's Dark Souls 3 ready for E3 announcement | VG247

Namco will announce Dark Souls 3 at E3, a source familiar with the matter has told VG247.

In news guaranteed to delight fans of the series, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne director Hidetaka Miyazaki is again heading the team.

Miyazaki, the father of the Souls series, moved onto a supervisory role for Dark Souls 2. Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura co-directed the sequel.

The platform to be used for the announcement is as yet unknown, but our source guessed the title may come during Sony's E3 press conference on the Californian evening of Monday, June 15.

We received no specific details of the game itself.

Dark Souls 2 settled two points higher on Metacritic than the original, but some fans and reviewers disparaged the sequel over the fairness of its approach to Souls' trademark ultra-hard difficulty level.

Series-watchers may be shocked at the announcement's timing: Sony dev boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed in late May that Bloodborne is to be expanded, and that more details will be announced "later this year".

E3 takes place in Los Angeles on the week commencing June 15. We've reached out to Namco for comment.

Damn they may be pumping these out a little too quickly for my tastes. At least it'll be closer to the original with miyazaki back at the helm.

I bet it will be huge. I just hope it improves on DS2. I am hoping they announce the Bloodborne DLC at E3 too.

BB expansion should drop thus summer. They cranked out dark souks 2 expansions in shirt order. Crown of the sunken king is pretty damn cool. I am lost inside the underground building. Reminds me alot of first dark souls game.

BB expansion should drop thus summer. They cranked out dark souks 2 expansions in shirt order. Crown of the sunken king is pretty damn cool. I am lost inside the underground building. Reminds me alot of first dark souls game.

That DLC sounded like a grief-fest to me. After playing BB I don't think I could go back to DS2. It would be way too slow and clunky. BY the time I was done with BB I felt like a pro playing it. I never felt that way with DS2.

Back
Top Bottom