Dark Souls 1

slaychandim

Evil Made Flesh
Found out this weekend my AC didn't work, so hopefully that gets fixed today.

Otherwise, I played a fair bit of Dark Souls all weekend. Made it through Undead Parish (the Gargoyles were a pain until I read in a wiki to summon the sun knight dude... he made it much easier... still took 2 attempts at it, but I got it). Started on Darkroot Basin.

Is this the 1st time you have played Dark Souls. As I have said before easily one of my top games of all time. Are you playing on PC

Re: Weekend Gaming

Is this the 1st time you have played Dark Souls. As I have said before easily one of my top games of all time. Are you playing on PC
Yeah, first time playing any * Souls game. And yeah, playing on PC so I'll either have to rely on solo'ing the whole thing, or accept randoms and hope they can help if I have issues.

Put some hi-res texture mods for lighting, plants/flora, and general textures... damn the game looks pretty decent now. Just the dynamic lighting is pretty sick even. I'll have to take some screenshots next time.

Go to Lower Undead Berg instead of the basin. You now have a key that unlocks that door by the dragon bridge.

I started to go down in the Undead Berg Basement area, and after fighting off some dog-things and really fast assassin-type guys, I saw a fog wall and assumed it was a boss and just NOPE'd back on up lol. Went back to Undead Parish and started farming on the Balder Knights to get some more souls/see if they would drop any decent gear. I think I'm level 25-ish now?

That sucks man. I had some issues with mine too on Saturday, but Sunday and yesterday it was alright.

Yeah, I'm hoping they'll come today while I'm at work. The evenings/mornings aren't too bad since all the windows are open, and I have fans blowing in... but during the day it sucks. It's supposed to get hotter this week starting tomorrow...so they better be working on it today. I almost wish it was a window unit rather than central air at this point, just because it would be easier to fix lol.

Yeah, first time playing any * Souls game. And yeah, playing on PC so I'll either have to rely on solo'ing the whole thing, or accept randoms and hope they can help if I have issues.

Put some hi-res texture mods for lighting, plants/flora, and general textures... damn the game looks pretty decent now. Just the dynamic lighting is pretty sick even. I'll have to take some screenshots next time
Honestly, the randoms are pretty helpful most of the time. You should try throwing your summon sign down right outside the gargoyle room or the cathedral itself. You get a lot of souls (5000 I think) for helping beat the boss. If you get on at prime time, there should be a lot of people playing. There is on the console anyway....

I started to go down in the Undead Berg Basement area, and after fighting off some dog-things and really fast assassin-type guys, I saw a fog wall and assumed it was a boss and just NOPE'd back on up lol. Went back to Undead Parish and started farming on the Balder Knights to get some more souls/see if they would drop any decent gear. I think I'm level 25-ish now?
I'm around the same level. I didn't really play it at all this weekend though. Not all fog walls lead to bosses, but I am not sure about that one. I'm heading to that area next.

Last edited:

Honestly, the randoms are pretty helpful most of the time. You should try throwing your summon sign down right outside the gargoyle room or the cathedral itself. You get a lot of souls (5000 I think) for helping beat the boss. If you get on at prime time, there should be a lot of people playing. There is on the console anyway....

Nice, may have to do that. There seems to be a decent amount of people playing; I haven't stayed human long enough to see many summon signs (lol), but I see their "outlines" pretty often just running around in the areas I'm at.

I'm around the same level. I didn't really play it at all this weekend though. Not all fog walls lead to bosses, but I am not sure about that one. I'm heading to that area next.

I'm not sure if it is either lol. Was having trouble getting there with keeping a decent amount of health, so I've been trying to level up somewhat to defend against the assassin guys.

Started to use a wiki more on this game... which I honestly hate doing for games. Makes me feel like I'm cheating instead of going in blind and trying to figure things out for myself... but this game also feels really daunting and complicated lol.

Nice, may have to do that. There seems to be a decent amount of people playing; I haven't stayed human long enough to see many summon signs (lol), but I see their "outlines" pretty often just running around in the areas I'm at.

I'm not sure if it is either lol. Was having trouble getting there with keeping a decent amount of health, so I've been trying to level up somewhat to defend against the assassin guys.

Started to use a wiki more on this game... which I honestly hate doing for games. Makes me feel like I'm cheating instead of going in blind and trying to figure things out for myself... but this game also feels really daunting and complicated lol.

If you like books the guide to this game is a very nice book

I highly recommend it. Playing the "multiplayer" in Dark Souls gave me solace for some reason. I guess it is because the game is full of dread and frustration and playing with others let me know that they were going through the same thing. It was so awesome to grind through an area and then get to the boss door to see all of the activity buzzing around it.

You should try to play it blind, but it does get extremely frustrating at times. I usually went through an area as much as I could and then looked at the guide (Fextralife is awesome) to see if I missed anything.

You should try to play it blind, but it does get extremely frustrating at times. I usually went through an area as much as I could and then looked at the guide (Fextralife is awesome) to see if I missed anything.

So far I've been trying to play it blind and make attempts. If I get frustrated or can't figure out how to do something then I've been looking at the guide... so far I've only had to do it for the Taurus Demon boss and the Gargoyles boss after several attempts at fighting them.

Screw it, I'm doing it. This will get the attention of the DS gurus better than posting in the other areas.

Carnage, did you get the Drake sword from the dragon on the bridge?

So far I've been trying to play it blind and make attempts. If I get frustrated or can't figure out how to do something then I've been looking at the guide... so far I've only had to do it for the Taurus Demon boss and the Gargoyles boss after several attempts at fighting them.

That is how to do it in my opinion. Most of the times the boss battles are just trial and error. Summoning helps immensely.

Should I move the posts we've been having out of Weekend Gaming into this thread?

And no, I didn't. I wasn't sure how to get it, and when I tried I kept dying when it landed in the middle of the bridge. First I was just bypassing it, and then I managed to sprint passed it when it was flying onto the bridge, but I kept running instead of trying to attack it, so when I reached the other end of the castle, it just flew away. Was kinda ****ed lol.

Back
Top Bottom