32bit or 64bit Vista For Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
So Ive been thinking about investing in Vista, however Ive heard it does not suppot most games.

So do I need to get 32bit to play todays games?

Or if I got 64 bit edition would I be able to play todays games on that too?

I really want the 64 bit edition so I can run future apps, but I dont want it if it means I cant play anything older than 2007.

Advice please?

Oy Vey, for having so many posts you'd think you'd learn how to search the forums or use google! haha.

Yes you can play older games. The only reason you get a bit of a decrease in performance is because Vista is a system hog, no matter the 32 or 64 bit version.

Just get the 64 bit version if you have to get Vista. I'd suggest staying with XP until their are DX10 games out, but if you must get Vista, get 64-bit. Driver support has gotten better and will continue to get better.

M$ would have to be even more ****ed up then they are now if they didn't let you play games that came out before 2007.

The Problem with the 64 bit systems is that you can't always use the games that you can with the 32 bit systems. I can't get c&c Generals to work on my system. But that's just me, or another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom