Xbox One

Killer Instinct? That's cool if your a Nintendo I guess.

What...?

I know Killer Instinct was originally on SNES, but doesn't make sense to me.
There were only a few consoles out during that time span and the two biggest were Nintendo and Sega. Either you were a Nintendo kid, Sega kid, swung both ways or went PC all the way.

So playstation didn't exist back then, neither did Xbox. The chances of current Playstation or Xbox customers (even the extreme fanboys) owning a SNES to play Killer Instinct was quite high. Especially since it was a successful system in my opinion (too lazy to look up).

=/

That's quite sad considering it's already weaker than the PS4 from a hardware standpoint. That will decrease the console graphics from PC further when ported over.

Assuming this to be true and that both consoles are very similar to PC (X86?) does this mean that developers would or wouldn't need to develop with a lowest common denominator in mind? I've frequently heard that with current stuff that the LCD held sway for various reasons, but now if they are so similar can a dev just build the game and the machine will run it as best it can? So it would be like the One running something on low, the ps4 running it on high and the PC running on ultra?

Assuming this to be true and that both consoles are very similar to PC (X86?) does this mean that developers would or wouldn't need to develop with a lowest common denominator in mind? I've frequently heard that with current stuff that the LCD held sway for various reasons, but now if they are so similar can a dev just build the game and the machine will run it as best it can? So it would be like the One running something on low, the ps4 running it on high and the PC running on ultra?
That depends on how easy the game engine in question is to port over. Since most developers have already said PC is the lead platform we know that the PC will be developed for, then they will port over to the consoles. Most AAA titles will be lowest common denominator to have a similar experience on both consoles, but other engines might not be that way. PC will also still have ports from console from studios developing for the consoles in mind then want to get last minute sales from the PC market if there is demand. Just since both are x86 they won't be as shoddy as the ports from 360/PS3 to PC. Least that's what one would assume with the information at hand. We still have to deal with lazy people too.

I was talking about developers.

I am an aspiring indie developer... (least thats what I like to think of myself as)
So it applies. Specially since theres this game I want to make but too lazy to work on the game design document to get it off the ground and started <_<

But I know what you meant :)

I am an aspiring indie developer... (least thats what I like to think of myself as)
So it applies. Specially since theres this game I want to make but too lazy to work on the game design document to get it off the ground and started <_<

But I know what you meant :)

Have you made anything and released it on a platform? What do you think about how MS and Sony handle indie devs?

Back
Top Bottom