windows xp

im not sure how i would go about updating to sp3, would it do it automatically?

I would highly suggest you steer clear. Microsoft is not putting out any more updates to XP. So you are very much at risk by using this software. XP is under Extended support for only another year and after that not at all. Even Windows 7 RTM (Pre-SP1) versions are already at EOL with no updates being shipped out after April 2013.

Unless you like running the risk of having your system taken over and compromised cause it isn't ever going to be patched anymore, you are doing nothing but putting yourself at risk. XP is dead. Time to accept it after 12 years.

i am aware of its status, was just looking at options to save a few bucks. but after doing some looking it would be worth the extra 10 bucks to get 7 or 8

I can understand if people want to use it for some estranged reason. I know several people that wont give it up cause one of their favorite programs will only run on it. Fine. But they don't use it as their daily OS and it is on a machine that is not hooked up to the internet so they cant be at risk. They just use it for productivity and share the files amongst their home network. Which is fine. But as a daily use OS that is going on the net, this is nothing but a mistake waiting to happen.

i am aware of its status, was just looking at options to save a few bucks. but after doing some looking it would be worth the extra 10 bucks to get 7 or 8

Is $10 worth your safety online and the safety of all of your personal data? I would certainly hope so.

Back
Top Bottom