Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want vista so that you can add it to stuff you know load it in a vm. Ubuntu also loads pretty well in a vm.

Doing that cuts performance though, basically in half to accommodate the two OS's. It's good for basic stuff, yes, but just be forewarned it decreases performance for both the host and the VM OS.

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to make my system a dual boot. Im going to put either Linux Mint or Ubuntu as my second OS. As for Vista, it sounds like it's a goody - so will need to make sure i check it out.

I just recently (two days ago) installed 64-bit Vista Ultimate on a partition in my rig. So far its all good (once I nixed the UAC!!!). I spent seceral hours last night getting Firefox set back up like I have it on XP (sans a few extensions that 3.1b2 covers... the backing up a profile trick didn't work).

I've still got a ways to go yet, but I am getting there. Once I have Vista set up just right I will cut the strings to XP and fully switch, keeping XP on a spare drive in case of utter catastrophe.

I keep XP on the second drive here until finding something that will work for video capturing on Vista. One tuner card recently would hear sound but no picture while the next card has both picture and sound but recording with the pvr option is ? Otherwise besides finding some games won't run either XP would say bye bye!

For the games and programs that do run well the crash control method seen in Vista is much better there over XP. It was easy to make Vista the default OS plus now having added ubuntu and Fedora into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom