Windows 8 Configuring Updates

nightelf

Baseband Member
How the **** do i opt out of these stupid updates that render my computer unusable when i start it back up? I don't care about the updates and i don't care about updating my soon to be replaced O.S. but it seems to be stuck on 15% and its just a damn blue screen. Picture attached. I am a gamer and my job is on a game and i am being held back from work right now to give you an idea of the importance, so i urgently require assistance! :neutral: :(

Attachments

• picture082.jpg
    picture082.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
Change Windows update settings to notify you of when updates are available and for you to manually install them..

Change Windows update settings to notify you of when updates are available and for you to manually install them..

Okay yea i know about doing that but i CAN'T do that if the windows updates are configuring and i'm stuck on some random inescapable blue screen! I want to know how to OPT out of the blue screen that i'm in! I need to get to work and it just happened again after restarting my computer! I need to know what key to press or what to do to get OUT of the updating process because i don't give a damn about their updates.

I had a very similar problem when I first installed Windows 8. What I did under advise from a windows forum was:

-uninstall sound and video drivers
-reinstall sound and video drivers
-retry the windows update

Hope this works!

Okay yea i know about doing that but i CAN'T do that if the windows updates are configuring and i'm stuck on some random inescapable blue screen! I want to know how to OPT out of the blue screen that i'm in! I need to get to work and it just happened again after restarting my computer! I need to know what key to press or what to do to get OUT of the updating process because i don't give a damn about their updates.

They release updates for a reason you know. They're released to fix flaws in the OS that they have found and are attempting to patch.

Try booting into Safe Mode, and uninstalling the updates from there if it lets you boot into Windows.

Back
Top Bottom