Windows 8 64Bit - USB3.0 Flash Drive not working

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Just picked up a Corsair Voyager GT 16GB USB 3.0

Plugged it into USB 3.0 port, my Intel Win8 PC did not like it, just said there was a problem with the device. Managed to solve the problem on Intel Win8 pc by installing some Renesas USB3.0 drivers.

However, I have the same issue on my new AMD build (see sig) also using Win8 64bit too. The renesas drivers do not work as that motherboard does not use renesas usb 3 controller. I tried one or two others as well, including an old Win7 one for AMD boards with no luck.

Have flashed the BIOS to latest version, and installed latest drivers and firmware for it - well kind of, you have to run the Setup.exe for the Gigabyte F2X85A motherboard in Windows 7 compatibility mode, if I try and run normally, it says O/S not supported!

Very shoddy Win8 support for some chipset and USB drivers. But if anyone can find a solution i'd be VERY happy.

Have you tried this drive in a different pc?
It could be the drive. I had a USB 3.0 drive that refused to work when I plugged it in to a usb extension cable coming from the back usb port on my pc, but worked fine on the front ports, I just thought it was the extension cable until I had to get another USB 3.0 drive and this one works faster on anything I plug it into including that usb extension cable

Last edited:
kmanmx said:
Plugged it into USB 3.0 port, my Intel Win8 PC did not like it, just said there was a problem with the device. Managed to solve the problem on Intel Win8 pc by installing some Renesas USB3.0 drivers.

However, I have the same issue on my new AMD build (see sig) also using Win8 64bit too.
sounds to me like he tried it on another pc.

Well, it seems to me like I have to download this stupid driver @25KBPS just so I can take a look at it!
Man, their website sucks for me for some reason.

Goto your device manager.
Look under your Universal Serial Bus Controllers group, does it look like windows sees the 3.0 controller? If so, right click it and click "update driver software".
Click "Browse my computer for driver software", then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", and then click "Have Disk..."

From here, browse to the extracted chipset driver exe file you downloaded, and then navigate to the following:

mb_driver_chipset-usb_fm2_w8\chipset-win8\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\USB30\amdxhc\W764A\amdxhc.inf
Click OK, and it should say under Model "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller".
Then click "Next".

See if that installs the correct 3.0 driver for you. If you get a message that tells you that driver was installed but the device is not active, then try the same as above except instead of "amdxhc", goto the "amdhub\W764A\amdhub30.inf" file.

Edit: Oh , and don't forget, when you're in the device manager list, to click the "view" toolbar and choose "show hidden devices".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom