Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", and ask me to "update my credentials", for my AOL email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scherz0

Solid State Member
I screenshot https://powerusers.codidact.com/posts/281740.

B20zKzG.jpg

There could be a few reasons why you are receiving an error message that Microsoft Outlook does not have permission to get your AOL email.
  1. Incorrect login credentials: If you have recently changed your AOL email password or have been prompted to update your login credentials, you may need to update them in Outlook as well.
  2. Server settings: Make sure that the server settings for your AOL email account in Outlook are correct. These settings include the incoming and outgoing server addresses, port numbers, and whether to use SSL/TLS encryption.
  3. Security settings: AOL and other email providers have certain security settings that can block third-party email clients like Outlook from accessing the account. Check if there is any specific security settings that need to be updated on AOL account.
  4. Two-factor authentication: Some email providers, including AOL, require two-factor authentication to be enabled. This means that you need to provide a code sent to your phone or an app to verify your identity in addition to your password.
  5. Outdated Outlook software: Ensure that you are running the latest version of Outlook. Outdated software can cause compatibility issues with newer email servers and security protocols.
It may be helpful to check the AOL help center or contact their customer support if you continue to have trouble after trying these troubleshooting steps.

Hey! This problem can happen when Outlook's connection with AOL needs refreshing. First, double-check your email and password in Outlook settings, sometimes they just need to be re-entered. If that doesn't work, try removing and re-adding your AOL account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom